News» Go to news main
Introducing the Douglas C. Mackay Finance Lab
Commerce and Management students in the newly-named lab
In honour of businessman and alumnus Dr. Douglas C. Mackay (BComm’53), and his outstanding contributions to Dalhousie and the Faculty of Management, the finance lab on the second floor of the Rowe building, formerly known as the Bloomberg lab, has been renamed the Douglas C. Mackay Finance Lab.
The lab boasts ten Bloomberg Terminals that allow hands-on access to real-time stock market data, and gives students the opportunity to master technological skills that are sought after by employers. In 2015, a donation from Mackay funded a renovation to the lab that makes it more conducive to group work, and allows students to access the lab on evenings and weekends.
"Douglas Mackay is a leader in the Canadian business community who believes in and supports business education. As a long-standing supporter of our school he has influenced and inspired us in many different ways. Over the years, his support has made a difference in the lives of hundreds of our students" says Iraj Fooladi, Douglas C. Mackay Chair in Finance. "We are pleased to name the lab in his honour.”
Video profile: Douglas Mckay wins the 2015 A. Gordon Archibald Award
- Retiring faculty profile: Joan Davison Conrod
- Connecting MBA students with massively scalable startups: the CDL experience
- Meet our new Commerce Society president Donald Eastop
- Fresh perspectives ‑ strategy course sees businesses, commerce students team up
- Grad profile: Putting down roots
- Grad profile: From Neuroscience to corporate banking
- Dalhousie partners with CCDI to research diversity and inclusion in Canadian workplaces
- Commerce students get real‑world experience in JD Irving case competitions