News» Go to news main
NS Health Research Foundation grant for James Barker
Professor James R. Barker has been awarded an Establishment Grant from the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation to study pharmacy safety in the province. Establishment grants provide the opportunity for researchers new to Nova Scotia to become integrated into the province’s health research environment. The three-year grant provides almost $150,000 to fund the development of procedures for reporting medication-dispensing errors and the formation of better mechanisms for pharmacists to improve their dispensing processes.
The members of Professor Barker’s research team include scholars from Dalhousie’s Faculty of Health Professions and from St. Francis Xavier University as well as both industry and regulatory professionals. Professor Todd Boyle, the Canadian Research Chair in Quality Assurance in Community Pharmacy, mentors the project along with Professor Neil Mackinnon, Dean of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Cincinnati.
Professor Barker holds the Herbert S. Lamb Chair in Business Education at Dalhousie’s Rowe School of Business in the Faculty of Management.
- Congratulations to our Sobey Awards for Excellence in Business Studies recipients
- Celebrating management teaching excellence
- Release: Millennial CEOs are ready to take over, according to STEP 2019 Global Family Business Survey
- Grad profile: “Stretch yourself and do something you’ve never done before”
- Dal MBA cracks QS 2020 Global MBA rankings
- Celebrating the MBA 50th anniversary
- New award honours inspirational Commerce graduate
- Grad profile: Outside the comfort zone