Professor & R.A. Jodrey Chair in Commerce (on sabbatical)
Dr. Cunningham's research focuses on ethics and corporate social responsibility, private, fast growth companies and strategic partnerships. While these may seem like totally divergent areas of study, they are linked by their focus on the concepts of leadership, trust, integrity and commitment, which are the core elements of responsible behaviour and high performance within business.
Selected Awards and Honours
- 2017 EFMD Case Writing Competition, Category Winner, "CarbonCure Technologies Inc. – Saving the World One Brick at a Time"
- 2011 Progress Women of Excellence Award (Education)
- 2011 Nominated for the Richard W. Pollay Prize, honouring intellectual excellence in research on marketing in the public interest
- 2009-2015 SSHRC Regular Grant, $53,500 to study "An open network approach to stakeholder engagement: The impact of power, respect and emotion"
- 2004 PricewaterhouseCoopers Leaders in Management Education Award
- Fast growth private firms: The power of ethical values and trust in enhancing performance. Cunningham, P. Encyclopedia of Business and Professional Ethics, accepted March 8, 2021. (forthcoming)
- Unethical newsroom behavior: Paradoxes and a perfect storm. Drumwright, M. & Cunningham, P. Journalism Practice (2020) DOI: 10.1080/17512786.2020.1825114.
- Networks of complicity: Social networks and sex harassment. Cunningham, P., Drumwright, M. & Foster, W. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion 40(4), 392-409. (2019/2021). https://doi.org/10.1108/EDI-04-2019-0117
- When partners divorce: Understanding consumers’ reactions to partnership termination in cause-related marketing programs. Aghakani, H., Carvalho, S. & Cunningham, P. International Journal of Advertising, Special Issue Leverage Marketing Communications (2019) DOI: 10.1080/02650487.2019.1648139.
- Drivers of performance of privately owned, rapid-growth firms: A reconceptualization of the trust–commitment model of relationship marketing. Cunningham, P. In R. Varadarajan & S. Jayachandran (Eds.), Innovation and Strategy (Review of Marketing Research, Volume 15). Emerald Publishing, 283-319 (2018)
- BUSI 6450 Marketing Strategy Seminar
- COMM 4401 Marketing Strategy