Marketing is the activity, set of institutions and processes for creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners and society at large. Our Marketing Management or Marketing Logistics majors should be able to:
- Ask the right questions about markets
- Organize data into relevant information
- Discover market opportunities
- Set goals
- Create a marketing plan that includes clear target markets, as well as product, price, distribution and communication strategies
- Implement and control a marketing program.
Our department offers two majors in the Bachelor of Commerce Co-op program: Marketing Management and Marketing Logistics. We offer a concentration in Marketing for the Corporate Residency MBA. And for the Bachelor of Management, there’s no major, but students are required to take two marketing courses: Introduction to Marketing (Mgmt 2401) and Marketing Applications in the Not-For-Profit Sectors (Mgmt 2402).
Careers in marketing are very diverse and include jobs in the advertising industry (e.g. copywriters, account executives, media planners), brand and product management (e.g. brand/product managers, market analysts), sales management (e.g. consumer sales, industrial sales, accounts managers), retailing, marketing research, new product development, logistics, public relations and marketing for not-for-profits.