Starting in your third year, you’ll have the opportunity to take a series of electives in financial reporting, managerial and cost accounting, tax, audit and related areas. Then, in your fourth year, you’ll complete a capstone case class.
Our accounting major program is designed to prepare you for a professional accounting program after graduation.
Our courses provide the prerequisites and pervasive competencies needed to begin the CPA Canada program. We have a strong tradition of excellence in this area and our instructors are well qualified and dedicated to student success.
Our Bachelor of Commerce Co-op program offers a major in accounting. By contrast, other programs offer multiple accounting classes by arrangement.
Our accounting majors typically start their post-graduation careers in public practice, industry, government or not-for profit organizations while simultaneously earning their professional accounting designation (CPA).
Faculty members in Accounting
- Department coordinator: Tammy Crowell, Senior Instructor
- Louis Beaubien, Associate Professor
- Kim Brooks, Professor
- Laura Cumming, University Teaching Fellow
- Shannon Lin, Associate Professor
- Kyla MacInnis, Lecturer
- Julia Sawicki, Associate Professor
- Samantha Taylor, Instructor
- Jenny Zhang, Associate Professor