The Strategy department offers courses related to strategy and international business including courses in business law, entrepreneurship and family business. Consistent with our school's mission, the department's major goal is to create and disseminate knowledge about how managers leverage resources and capabilities to outperform competing firms in national and international markets. To realize this broad goal, seven tenured and tenure-track faculty members in the department are dedicated to building excellence through scholarly research, innovative instruction and outstanding service to our students. Strategy-focused students pursue careers in general and international management of small, medium and large firms or consulting.
The department delivers the highest number of compulsory courses in the Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, Bachelor of Management and the Corporate Residency MBA programs. This area offers a major in International Business in the Bachelor of Commerce program, an area of interest in International Studies in the MBA program and a Management and Globalization option in the Bachelor of Management program.
Faculty members in Strategy
- Department coordinator: Lorn Sheehan, Professor
- Ramon Baltazar, Assistant Professor
- Shamsud Chowdhury, Professor
- Ellen Crumley, Assistant Professor
- Bill Foster, Assistant Professor
- Albert James, Assistant Professor
- Carolan McLarney, Professor
- Graham Steele, Assistant Professor
- David Stuewe, Professor
- Florence Tarrant, Assistant Professor