Courses and Programs
Sharpen Your Competitive Edge
Dalhousie’s Executive Education courses and programs immediately enhance performance by providing high-value skills, capabilities and knowledge to manage complex challenges, meet operational and strategic needs and enhance competitive advantage.
Courses and programs can be custom crafted specifically for your requirements with competitive pricing. We offer flexible program delivery options that balance the learning needs of participants with their personal and professional responsibilities.
Leadership Certificate Programs
- New! Academic Leadership Certificate (Winter 2020)
Public Administration Management Programs
- New! Online Certificate in Public Policy and Management (Fall 2019)
- Strategic Policy Development (Winter 2020)
- Program Evaluation Certificate (Winter 2020)
Fall 2019 Course Descriptions. Registration is Open.
Public Policy and Strategic Financial Management
October 28 - December 13, 2019
Instructors: Dr. Markus Sharaput and Bruce Hennebury
Register for this Course
This course can be taken individually or as part of the five-course Certificate in Public Policy and Management.
Gain an understanding of the policymaking process and the role of financial accounting and accountability within the context of the policy process.
Core objectives of this course include:
- Developing an understanding of the policy process, the interplay between policy and operations; the evolving policy context
- Developing an understanding of policy formulation, including instruments and rationales for their selection;
- Understanding management of vertical, horizontal and networked relationships in policy design;
- Developing an understanding of fiscal management, including accounting , accountability for public funds and the linkages between planning, programming, budgeting and accountability.
Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
Dates: December 2 & 3, 2019
Instructor: Dr. Maria Pacurar
Tuition: $695 plus HST
To register for this course or for more information, email ExecEd@dal.ca.
This two-day course is designed for managers who need to be conversant in financial techniques. The course brings together elements of finance, accounting and economics in a straightforward and entertaining manner that is highly practical yet painless.
At the end of this highly interactive course participants will:
- Understand the key components of financial statements.
- Appreciate the key tasks and decisions of the financial manager.
- Know the key drivers and concepts behind core financial decisions and be able to communicate fluently with financial professionals.
- Comprehend how events in the broader economy affect the financial decisions facing their organization and its competitors.
- Understand the relationships between the finance function and the operational, human resources, marketing, governance and strategic functions of an organization.
Course and Program Calendar - 2019-2020
|Public Policy & Management Certificate Program - ONLINE||Next Intake: October 28, 2019||Click here for program details.|
|Finance for the Non-Financial Manager (two-day workshop)||December 2-3, 2019||Dr. Maria Pacurar|
|Digital Governance (online)||January 13 - February 29, 2020||Dr. Jeffrey Roy|
|Human Resource Management & Diversity (online)||March 2 - April 18, 2020||Sylvia Holz, MPAM|
|Public Sector Leadership and Ethics (online)||April 20 - June 6, 2020||Dr. Martine Durier-Copp|
|Leading Virtual Teams (two-day workshop)||TBA||Dr. Martine Durier-Copp|
|FinTech: The Future of Banking (two-day workshop)||TBA||Dr. Maria Pacurar|
|Program Evaluation Certificate Program||TBA||TBD|
Corporate Training Seminars & Workshops
Contact us at ExecEd@dal.ca for more information.