|Standard Application Deadlines||Canadian Applicants||Non-Canadian Applicants|
|For September Admission||
|For January Admission||October 31||August 31|
|For May Admission||February 28||December 31|
Complete the Graduate Studies Application
We are currently accepting only online applications and fee payments. Apply online by completing and submitting our online application form.
Please read the following information in its entirety before contacting our department or submitting your application.
Due to widespread difficulty in obtaining required documentation with the closures of schools, test centres and places of work amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the following allowances have been made to ensure admissions for MBA FS/L, MIM, MPAM and GDPAM continue. Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Graduate Studies is introducing a temporary electronic-based process as outlined below.
Please note that we are not accepting mailed or couriered documents until further notice and cannot confirm receipt of any submitted in that manner. All documents must be submitted electronically.
Application documents are listed below: Items 1–7.
Email address to submit documents: email@example.com
1. Online application form and fees (no paper application or cheques accepted) https://dalonline.dal.ca/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon. The application fee of $115 is non-refundable.
2. Statement of Intent must:
- be saved as a PDF
- be emailed with the résumé
- be addressed to the Admissions Committee
- be no more than 1.5 pages (single-spaced)
- outline your interest in the program and why you feel you are a strong candidate
- explain any gaps in employment or poor academic performance
3. Résumé must:
- be saved as a PDF
- be emailed with the Statement of Intent
- include job title, detailed responsibilities, and the month and year start and end dates for each role
- at minimum, reflect your work history for the past five years
* Applicants submitting part-time work to be considered equivalent to 5 years of full-time experience must include on their résumé the average number of hours per week and the number of months the part-time position was held. Indicate whetherco-op/internships were paid or unpaid.
*All applicants must have no fewer than 5 years of full-time (35+ hours per week) or equivalent professional experience in order to apply. (Professional, for this purpose, indicates that an undergraduate degree is typically required for the type of position held.)
Omission of these details may result in your application being delayed or denied consideration.
4. Transcripts: Dalhousie University’s Faculty of Graduate Studies oversees all admissions and has the following requirements:
Transcripts from all universities/colleges attended are required and will be accepted in the following ways:
- Electronic file-transfers from the issuing institution and from services such as Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, eScript-Safe, or TranscriptsNetwork. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request that their institution(s) send electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PDFs sent by email directly from the issuing institution. It is the responsibility of the applicant to request that their institution(s) email PDF transcripts to email@example.com
- Attachments directly from the applicant, from their Dal email account where possible. This is an exception only available when an issuing institution is unable to provide the documents. Proof of this inability may be required.
*Note that FGS reserves the right to verify the validity of all documents provided, as well as the ability of an issuing institution to issue documents.
5. Two references are required:
At least one must be professional, preferably current supervisor/manager.
One academic reference is required if the applicant’s undergraduate degree was completed within the past 5 years.
All reference letters/forms are considered confidential and may be submitted in two ways:
- The Dalhousie E-Reference system is available when creating an online application. If applicants wish to use the e-reference system, they must enter the referees' email addresses on the online application. Dalhousie University will only accept university, teaching hospital, and government email addresses [i.e. not Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail or business addresses]. Please allow 5 business days for your referee(s) to be contacted by our system. Please note that you cannot edit, add or omit references if using the e-reference system. If you made an error in the submission of an email address, a reference form/letter must be submitted (see below)
- Referees may email either the completed Reference Form or a letter as PDF attachment from their work email address. Incomplete reference forms will be rejected. Referees must send their form/letter from their personal work email address. Documents submitted by personal assistants/secretaries will not be accepted. Instructions for completion are on the form.
Link to Reference Forms:
6. Proof of name change: Required only if name discrepancies exist between transcripts/assessments/test scores and other application documents. Examples of proof: marriage/divorce certificates, 2 copies of government-issued ID that include previous and current name and date of birth.
Confirmation emails will be sent to applicants as their documents arrive and are added to their file. The university cannot process incomplete applications. We appreciate your patience as we move to this temporary admission process.
Please note that this program is part-time and does not meet the requirements for a student visa. For students who have studied at a school where English is not the primary language of instruction, applicants must submit the results of one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
If your primary language is not English and if you have not worked for more than five years in an English-language environment, you should familiarize yourself as soon as possible with the university’s English language requirements.
Applicants will send verifiable ESL test results as PDF documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant must request their testing centre make their results available to Dalhousie University. FGS will contact testing centres to verify the results. Students will not be able to register for classes until their ESL scores are verified.
Ready to Apply
Confirmation of Acceptance
All admitted applicants must confirm in writing their acceptance of the offer of a place and provide a non-refundable deposit to the Student Accounts Office. This deposit will be applied toward tuition, but will be forfeited if the student does not register in the academic year for which he or she was admitted. Please note that this deposit is separate from any application or pre-registration fees.
Up-to-date and additional information, including Faculty of Graduate Studies regulations, can be found on the Faculty of Graduate Studies site.