About the Journal
The Dalhousie Law Journal (DLJ) was established in 1973 by then Dalhousie Law School Dean Ronald St John Macdonald (1928-2006). It is one of North America’s few faculty-run publications with an editorial board composed exclusively of full-time professors at the Schulich School of Law.
The DLJ’s aim is to enhance dialogue, analysis, and policy reform across a variety of legal areas through the publication and dissemination of new knowledge. We publish work on all legal topics, but the DLJ is commonly a venue for evidence-informed, policy-relevant contributions.
We especially encourage submissions from emerging scholars and welcome submissions in English and French.