News» Go to news main
Schulich Law professors recognized for research impact
Established in 2018, these awards recognize the research achievements of Dalhousie University faculty members at all stages of their careers. The award for Emerging Investigators recognizes early-career researchers (within seven years of their first academic appointment), while the award for Impact celebrates researchers at any career stage who are having substantial, current impact in their field.
Research Impact award
Professor Joanna Erdman
Professor Erdman’s research focuses on reproductive health and justice. She studies the ways in which the right to decide whether and when to have children, the right to survive pregnancy and childbirth, and the right to raise children with respect and support, are critical to building just and inclusive societies.
Emerging Investigator award
Professor Adelina Iftene
Professor Iftene’s research and writing revolve around issues related to vulnerable prison populations, prison policies, criminal law, health, and undercover investigations. Her major work, started during her doctoral studies at Queen’s University Faculty of Law, looks at the experiences and access to justice of incarcerated older individuals.
Congratulations to both on this well-deserved recognition. To learn more about the awards and see a full list of recipients, read the Dal News story.
- Professor Andrew Martin receives the OBA Foundation Chief Justice of Ontario Fellowship
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "More than 100 Canadian jurists demand Ottawa block any new bid by France to extradite Diab"
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "Canada’s extradition process with France over Oblate priest ‘atrocious’, says prof"
- Professor Sara Ross named one of Canadian Lawyer’s Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "A proof‑of‑vaccination requirement is coming. A lawyer explains the ins and outs"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "THINKING OUT LOUD WITH SHELDON MacLEOD: Vaccine policy or passport? Legally the same"
- Professor Olabisi Akinkugbe ft in "Schulich law professor accepts grant for research on trade‑related illicit financial flows in Africa"
- New Faculty Appointments in 2021