News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
The Schulich School of Law congratuates its alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95), who were recently honoured by the Nova Scotia branch of the Canadian Bar Association at its annual conference.
Cornish, a founding partner of Sealy Cornish Coulthard, was named the recipient of the Constance R. Glube Spirit Award, which celebrates members who demonstrate strong CBA spirit through outstanding effort and contribution to women in law.
Thomas, a partner in the Halifax office of Stewart McKelvey, won the Community Service Award. Thomas is co-chair of the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee, a member of the Dalhousie University board of governors, and a member of the Atlantic Canada chapter of the International Women’s Forum.
Click here to read the full story in The Lawyer's Daily.
- KUDOS! 2018 Smith Shield Moot results
- KUDOS! Professor Jennifer Llewellyn wins SSHRC 2018 Impact Award for restorative justice work
- Legal experts shared knowledge at sold‑out Canadian Prison Law Conference hosted by Schulich Law
- A special reception at Weldon united past and present Mingo Memorial Scholarship recipients with the donors who made it possible
- This sister and brother from Yellowknife are enjoying their joint Schulich Law experience. Their secret? Live apart and don't compare grades
- Mukisa Kakembo's participation in a youth‑leadership conference in Ghana will help her become a 'critical and compassionate' lawyer
- Third‑year Schulich Law students Allan and Jack MacDonald save brotherly competition for the golf course, not the classroom
- Professor Elaine Craig's new book reveals how the courts are failing sexual assault survivors and how trials can be made more just