News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
The Schulich School of Law congratuates its alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95), who were recently honoured by the Nova Scotia branch of the Canadian Bar Association at its annual conference.
Cornish, a founding partner of Sealy Cornish Coulthard, was named the recipient of the Constance R. Glube Spirit Award, which celebrates members who demonstrate strong CBA spirit through outstanding effort and contribution to women in law.
Thomas, a partner in the Halifax office of Stewart McKelvey, won the Community Service Award. Thomas is co-chair of the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee, a member of the Dalhousie University board of governors, and a member of the Atlantic Canada chapter of the International Women’s Forum.
Click here to read the full story in The Lawyer's Daily.
- Schulich Law Professor Jonathon Penney's "chilling" Internet‑regulation research is more urgent now than ever
- KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
- Schulich Law's first Mini Law School on the Road public lecture explored how to legally protect Indigenous culture
- Portrait of Burnley "Rocky" Jones (LLB '92) unveiled in Weldon's Atrium
- KUDOS! Five Schulich School of Law students win 2017‑2018 Impact Awards
- The Right Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., captivated the crowd in Schulich Law's Room 105
- KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession