News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
The Schulich School of Law congratuates its alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95), who were recently honoured by the Nova Scotia branch of the Canadian Bar Association at its annual conference.
Cornish, a founding partner of Sealy Cornish Coulthard, was named the recipient of the Constance R. Glube Spirit Award, which celebrates members who demonstrate strong CBA spirit through outstanding effort and contribution to women in law.
Thomas, a partner in the Halifax office of Stewart McKelvey, won the Community Service Award. Thomas is co-chair of the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee, a member of the Dalhousie University board of governors, and a member of the Atlantic Canada chapter of the International Women’s Forum.
Click here to read the full story in The Lawyer's Daily.
- Professor Robert Currie ft in "Prisoner in Vancouver: Huawei CFO Awaits Her Fate in Splendor"
- Professor Robert Currie ft in " 'Pretty clear violation of international law': Saudi embassy has helped citizens flee justice before"
- Professor Colin Jackson ft in "Complexity of Income Tax Act an access to justice issue, scholar says"
- New Access to Justice and Law Reform Institute of Nova Scotia aims to 'put the public first'
- Professor Jocelyn Downie ft in "Nova scotia organ donation law still in limbo"
- Schulich Law students shine at 2019 Law Games Moot in Sherbrooke
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Publication ban violations on social media"
- Professor Sheila Wildeman ft in "Experts question whether police used de‑escalation tactics in Clattenburg killing"