News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
The Schulich School of Law congratuates its alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95), who were recently honoured by the Nova Scotia branch of the Canadian Bar Association at its annual conference.
Cornish, a founding partner of Sealy Cornish Coulthard, was named the recipient of the Constance R. Glube Spirit Award, which celebrates members who demonstrate strong CBA spirit through outstanding effort and contribution to women in law.
Thomas, a partner in the Halifax office of Stewart McKelvey, won the Community Service Award. Thomas is co-chair of the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee, a member of the Dalhousie University board of governors, and a member of the Atlantic Canada chapter of the International Women’s Forum.
Click here to read the full story in The Lawyer's Daily.
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts