News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
The Schulich School of Law congratuates its alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95), who were recently honoured by the Nova Scotia branch of the Canadian Bar Association at its annual conference.
Cornish, a founding partner of Sealy Cornish Coulthard, was named the recipient of the Constance R. Glube Spirit Award, which celebrates members who demonstrate strong CBA spirit through outstanding effort and contribution to women in law.
Thomas, a partner in the Halifax office of Stewart McKelvey, won the Community Service Award. Thomas is co-chair of the firm’s diversity and inclusion committee, a member of the Dalhousie University board of governors, and a member of the Atlantic Canada chapter of the International Women’s Forum.
Click here to read the full story in The Lawyer's Daily.
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment