News» Go to news main
IN MEMORIAM: Steven Gordon Zatzman (LLB '75)
The Schulich School of Law extends its sincere condolences to the family, friends, and former colleagues of Steven Gordon Zatzman, QC (LLB ’75), who died on May 1 in Toronto at the age of 65. A memorial celebrating his life will be held on Sept. 10 at 1:30 p.m. at the Beth Israel Synagogue located at 1480 Oxford St. in Halifax. The family is grateful to receive any stories or photographs of Zatzman, which can be forwarded to email@example.com.
After graduating from Dalhousie University with his bachelors of law degree in 1975, Zatzman obtained his masters of law degree from the University of London. For more than 35 years he enjoyed a distinguished career at Wolfson, Schelew, Zatzman and later at Boyne Clarke LLP, both in Dartmouth, where he practiced in the areas of family, transportation, and civil law.
Zatzman was active in many community organizations in Nova Scotia, including serving as president of the Beth Israel Synagogue, president of the Halifax West Liberal Party Association, and a member of Camp Kadimah’s executive committee.
A highly regarded member of the local Bar, Zatzman was a proud alumnus of Dalhousie. His legacy will continue through his children, Daniel (LLB ’08), Renée (JD ’13), and Elana.
- Professor Matthew Herder ft in "Canada's Ebola vaccine almost didn't happen, new study reveals"
- Professor Matthew Herder ft in "Paper raises new questions about the federal government's decision to sell licensing rights to Ebola vaccine"
- Professor Matthew Herder ft in "Herder, Graham and Gold: Canada must rethink how it gets life‑saving drugs and vaccines to market"
- Professor Jocelyn Downie ft in "Fear of losing access to medical assistance in dying put 'panic' in woman with terminal cancer, says son"
- Professor Matthew Herder ft in "First Opinion: The public science behind the ‘Merck’ Ebola vaccine"
- Professor Aldo Chircop ft in "More legal work needed to protect new Arctic waterways: experts"
- Advocating for equal status and rights
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Legal response to downed flight PS752"