News» Go to news main
IN MEMORIAM: Steven Gordon Zatzman (LLB '75)
The Schulich School of Law extends its sincere condolences to the family, friends, and former colleagues of Steven Gordon Zatzman, QC (LLB ’75), who died on May 1 in Toronto at the age of 65. A memorial celebrating his life will be held on Sept. 10 at 1:30 p.m. at the Beth Israel Synagogue located at 1480 Oxford St. in Halifax. The family is grateful to receive any stories or photographs of Zatzman, which can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After graduating from Dalhousie University with his bachelors of law degree in 1975, Zatzman obtained his masters of law degree from the University of London. For more than 35 years he enjoyed a distinguished career at Wolfson, Schelew, Zatzman and later at Boyne Clarke LLP, both in Dartmouth, where he practiced in the areas of family, transportation, and civil law.
Zatzman was active in many community organizations in Nova Scotia, including serving as president of the Beth Israel Synagogue, president of the Halifax West Liberal Party Association, and a member of Camp Kadimah’s executive committee.
A highly regarded member of the local Bar, Zatzman was a proud alumnus of Dalhousie. His legacy will continue through his children, Daniel (LLB ’08), Renée (JD ’13), and Elana.
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts