News» Go to news main
IN MEMORIAM: Steven Gordon Zatzman (LLB '75)
The Schulich School of Law extends its sincere condolences to the family, friends, and former colleagues of Steven Gordon Zatzman, QC (LLB ’75), who died on May 1 in Toronto at the age of 65. A memorial celebrating his life will be held on Sept. 10 at 1:30 p.m. at the Beth Israel Synagogue located at 1480 Oxford St. in Halifax. The family is grateful to receive any stories or photographs of Zatzman, which can be forwarded to email@example.com.
After graduating from Dalhousie University with his bachelors of law degree in 1975, Zatzman obtained his masters of law degree from the University of London. For more than 35 years he enjoyed a distinguished career at Wolfson, Schelew, Zatzman and later at Boyne Clarke LLP, both in Dartmouth, where he practiced in the areas of family, transportation, and civil law.
Zatzman was active in many community organizations in Nova Scotia, including serving as president of the Beth Israel Synagogue, president of the Halifax West Liberal Party Association, and a member of Camp Kadimah’s executive committee.
A highly regarded member of the local Bar, Zatzman was a proud alumnus of Dalhousie. His legacy will continue through his children, Daniel (LLB ’08), Renée (JD ’13), and Elana.
- IN MEMORIAM: Former professor Paul Thomas
- Get to Know...Schulich Fellow Tamar Meshel
- IN MEMORIAM: Charles William MacIntosh (LLB '52)
- IN MEMORIAM: Steven Gordon Zatzman (LLB '75)
- KUDOS! Professor William Lahey to review forest practices in Nova Scotia
- KUDOS! Professor Richard Devlin co‑edits third edition of the book "Lawyers' Ethics and Professional Regulation"
- Get to Know...Professor Sara Seck
- Get to Know...Professor Jodi Lazare