News» Go to news main
KUDOS! To Schulich Law's DWPV Corporate‑Securities Law Moot Team
Professor Leonard Rotman is pleased to report that the Schulich Law team of Sarah Baddeley, Sydni Kind, Matthew Lee, and Andrew Roy that he coached did themselves and the law school proud by bringing home three awards at the DWPV Corporate-Securities Law Moot in Toronto on March 10 and 11.
"The team tied for first place in the written factum competition and placed third overall in the team competition, and Sydni Kind was named second-place oralist," he says. "This was a great team effort by an outstanding group of students. They were also wonderful ambassadors for our law school."
- The Right Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., captivated the crowd in Schulich Law's Room 105
- KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession
- KUDOS! Alumna Diane MacDonald appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of British Columbia in Vancouver
- KUDOS! Alumni Misty Morrison and Marc Nojh appointed Crown attorneys in Yarmouth
- Derek Twyman, a Canadian recently released from a North Carolina prison, shared his long road to freedom with law school audience
- IN MEMORIAM: Judge Roy Edward "Bud" Kimball
- KUDOS! Four law school alumni in the newest QCs announced for Newfoundland and Labrador