News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Schulich School of Law grads recognized as Leading Lawyers Under 40 by Lexpert magazine
The Schulich School of Law offers its congratulations to alumnus Level Chan (LLB ’02) and alumna Beth McGrath (LLB ’05) for being named to Lexpert magazine’s prestigious Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 list for 2016. The award celebrates lawyers’ contributions inside and outside their firms, with professional accomplishments weighed alongside factors like volunteer work, teaching, and overall community involvement.
Level Chan is now a partner at the Halifax-based office for Stewart McKelvey. (Photo at left courtesy of Stewart McKelvey.) Experienced in the areas of labour and employment, pension and benefits, and executive compensation, Chan worked on pension and benefit matters in the $5.8 billion purchase of Safeway’s Canadian operations by Sobeys in 2013.
Beth McGrath is a partner for McInnes Cooper in the firm’s St. John’s office. Beth practices in the areas of corporate and business law with a focus on energy and natural resources. She has advised on the largest energy related projects in Newfoundland and Labrador, including the project development of the Hebron and Hibernia South Offshore Projects and the project development and financing of the Muskrat Falls Hydroelectric Development Project. She is also a part-time instructor of business and contract law in Memorial University’s Faculty of Business.
- A descendent of former Dean Donald MacRae and Clan MacRae members enjoyed a visit to our law school
- KUDOS! Alumnus W. Paul Riley (LLB '95) appointed to the Supreme Court of British Columbia
- The Schulich School of Law is looking to hire a Director, Student Services and Engagement
- KUDOS! To Professor Lorraine Lafferty on her retirement
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 74 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Faye Woodman on her retirement
- KUDOS! To Professor Wayne MacKay on his retirement
- KUDOS! To Professor Vaughan Black on his retirement