News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Schulich School of Law grads recognized as Leading Lawyers Under 40 by Lexpert magazine
The Schulich School of Law offers its congratulations to alumnus Level Chan (LLB ’02) and alumna Beth McGrath (LLB ’05) for being named to Lexpert magazine’s prestigious Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 list for 2016. The award celebrates lawyers’ contributions inside and outside their firms, with professional accomplishments weighed alongside factors like volunteer work, teaching, and overall community involvement.
Level Chan is now a partner at the Halifax-based office for Stewart McKelvey. (Photo at left courtesy of Stewart McKelvey.) Experienced in the areas of labour and employment, pension and benefits, and executive compensation, Chan worked on pension and benefit matters in the $5.8 billion purchase of Safeway’s Canadian operations by Sobeys in 2013.
Beth McGrath is a partner for McInnes Cooper in the firm’s St. John’s office. Beth practices in the areas of corporate and business law with a focus on energy and natural resources. She has advised on the largest energy related projects in Newfoundland and Labrador, including the project development of the Hebron and Hibernia South Offshore Projects and the project development and financing of the Muskrat Falls Hydroelectric Development Project. She is also a part-time instructor of business and contract law in Memorial University’s Faculty of Business.
- Mukisa Kakembo's participation in a youth‑leadership conference in Ghana will help her become a 'critical and compassionate' lawyer
- Third‑year Schulich Law students Allan and Jack MacDonald save brotherly competition for the golf course, not the classroom
- Professor Elaine Craig's new book reveals how the courts are failing sexual assault survivors and how trials can be made more just
- Schulich Law Professor Rob Currie is back in the classroom after a 'socially useful' sabbatical
- First‑year students—and brothers!—Abel and Eyoab Begashaw discuss how they came to attend law school together
- KUDOS! Professor Kim Brooks appointed Purdy Crawford Chair in Business Law
- KUDOS! Professor Jocelyn Downie appointed inaugural James S. Palmer Chair in Public Policy and Law
- KUDOS! Alumnus Mark Knox, QC (LLB '85) receives 2018 Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service