News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Schulich School of Law grads recognized as Leading Lawyers Under 40 by Lexpert magazine
The Schulich School of Law offers its congratulations to alumnus Level Chan (LLB ’02) and alumna Beth McGrath (LLB ’05) for being named to Lexpert magazine’s prestigious Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 list for 2016. The award celebrates lawyers’ contributions inside and outside their firms, with professional accomplishments weighed alongside factors like volunteer work, teaching, and overall community involvement.
Level Chan is now a partner at the Halifax-based office for Stewart McKelvey. (Photo at left courtesy of Stewart McKelvey.) Experienced in the areas of labour and employment, pension and benefits, and executive compensation, Chan worked on pension and benefit matters in the $5.8 billion purchase of Safeway’s Canadian operations by Sobeys in 2013.
Beth McGrath is a partner for McInnes Cooper in the firm’s St. John’s office. Beth practices in the areas of corporate and business law with a focus on energy and natural resources. She has advised on the largest energy related projects in Newfoundland and Labrador, including the project development of the Hebron and Hibernia South Offshore Projects and the project development and financing of the Muskrat Falls Hydroelectric Development Project. She is also a part-time instructor of business and contract law in Memorial University’s Faculty of Business.
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment