News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- KUDOS! Visiting Assistant Professor Olabisi D. Akinkugbe and part‑time Professor and PhD candidate Colin Jackson accept tenure track offers
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law Professor Jocelyn Downie invested as a Member of the Order of Canada
- KUDOS! Schulich School of Law professors receive a 2017 Nova Scotia Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumna Angela Simmonds (LLB '16) receives 2017 Human Rights Award
- KUDOS! Alumni Julia Cornish (LLB '83) and Candace Thomas (LLB '95) honoured by CBA‑NS
- KUDOS! Professor Michael Deturbide reappointed a NSSC board member
- In Memoriam: Grand Chief Ben Sylliboy
- KUDOS! To alumnus Mr. Justice Paul Favel (LLB '95) on his FCC appointment