News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- Schulich Law Professor Jonathon Penney's "chilling" Internet‑regulation research is more urgent now than ever
- KUDOS! 11 law school alumni appointed to the Queen's Counsel
- Schulich Law's first Mini Law School on the Road public lecture explored how to legally protect Indigenous culture
- Portrait of Burnley "Rocky" Jones (LLB '92) unveiled in Weldon's Atrium
- KUDOS! Five Schulich School of Law students win 2017‑2018 Impact Awards
- The Right Hon. Beverley McLachlin, P.C., captivated the crowd in Schulich Law's Room 105
- KUDOS! DBLSA awarded Chapter of the Year 2017‑2018 at Black Law Students' Association of Canada conference
- Wellness at Weldon's Mental Health Panel to address depression and the impact of alcohol in the legal profession