News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- KUDOS! 2018 Smith Shield Moot results
- KUDOS! Professor Jennifer Llewellyn wins SSHRC 2018 Impact Award for restorative justice work
- Legal experts shared knowledge at sold‑out Canadian Prison Law Conference hosted by Schulich Law
- A special reception at Weldon united past and present Mingo Memorial Scholarship recipients with the donors who made it possible
- This sister and brother from Yellowknife are enjoying their joint Schulich Law experience. Their secret? Live apart and don't compare grades
- Mukisa Kakembo's participation in a youth‑leadership conference in Ghana will help her become a 'critical and compassionate' lawyer
- Third‑year Schulich Law students Allan and Jack MacDonald save brotherly competition for the golf course, not the classroom
- Professor Elaine Craig's new book reveals how the courts are failing sexual assault survivors and how trials can be made more just