News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- KUDOS! Former law school professor Bruce Wildsmith receives the NSBS 2017 Distinguished Service Award
- KUDOS! Law school alumna Ann Marie Simmons (LLB '83) appointed new Provincial and Family Court judge
- KUDOS! Professor David VanderZwaag's Canada Research Chair has been renewed for seven years
- IN MEMORIAM: David A. Stewart (LLB '59)
- KUDOS! Professor Kim Brooks and alumna Nathalie Goyette appointed to the Judicial Advisory Committee for the Tax Court of Canada
- Former Chief Justice Thomas Cromwell joined members of the Cape Breton Bar Society for breakfast on Oct. 6
- KUDOS! Professor Jocelyn Downie receives 2016 CIHR Barer‑Flood Prize in Health Services and Policy Research at a ceremony in Edmonton
- KUDOS! Professor Diana Ginn presents at 24th annual International Law and Religion Symposium at Brigham Young University