News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- Professor Robert Currie ft in " 'Pretty clear violation of international law': Saudi embassy has helped citizens flee justice before"
- Professor Jocelyn Downie ft in "Nova scotia organ donation law still in limbo"
- Schulich Law students shine at 2019 Law Games Moot in Sherbrooke
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Publication ban violations on social media"
- Professor Sheila Wildeman ft in "Experts question whether police used de‑escalation tactics in Clattenburg killing"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "The acquittal on the Westray Law"
- Professor Emeritus Wayne MacKay ft in "Social media users continually identifying youth accused in Yarmouth assault case"
- Professors Meinhard Doelle and Sara Seck ft in "Loss & Damage from Climate Change: A Maturing Concept in Climate Law?"