News» Go to news main
KUDOS! Professor William Lahey named 25th President of University of King's College
On behalf of the Schulich School of Law community, Dean Camille Cameron writes:
I am writing to share the news that our respected colleague, Professor William Lahey, has been unanimously selected as the 25th President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of King’s College.
What is evident to me in the short time that I have known Bill is that his reputation as a leader, consensus builder, committed teacher and scholar is well earned. In addition, with his impressive record of public service, I am sure he will serve the interests of the King’s community admirably.
On behalf of the entire law school community, I congratulate Bill on this extraordinary opportunity to lead Canada’s oldest chartered university. Succeeding George Cooper (LLB ’65), Bill will begin his Presidency on July 1. We look forward to continuing to work closely with Bill on issues of joint interest – he will be nearby!
Read the full news release from King's.
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)
- In Memoriam: Former professor and alumnus Wylie Spicer (LLB '75)
- The recent Media & the Law Conference explored timely topics that impact journalists and the courts