News» Go to news main
Professor Richard Devlin chosen as one of Dal's "Change One Thing Challenge" winners
Professor Richard Devlin was chosen as one of the winners of Dal's "Change One Thing Challenge" -- a contest celebrating engaging ways of teaching that make a positive impact on student learning in a course.
Richard's winning exercise, used in his Professional Responsibility class, asks students to quickly sketch pictures about different perceptions of lawyers. The sketches prove an illuminating way to illustrate issues surrounding one's professional and ethical identity as a lawyer.
Richard will present on this idea at the Conference on Teaching and Learning in May.
- KUDOS! Alumnus Mark Knox, QC (LLB '85) receives 2018 Weldon Award for Unselfish Public Service
- KUDOS! Professor Naiomi Metallic named to Canadian Lawyer's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers list
- KUDOS! NSBS welcomes 62 new lawyers
- KUDOS! To Professor Bruce Archibald on his retirement
- In Memoriam: Charlotte Patricia Harris (LLB '57)
- Judges look to broaden their perspective by engaging African Nova Scotian community leaders
- KUDOS! Geordie Lounsbury receives 2018 Grad Class Ring
- In Memoriam: Retired professor and alumnus Peter Darby (LLB '58)