- Aldo Chircop. “Working Paper on the Development of Guidelines for the Implementation of Article 82 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, 1982”, Implementation of Article 82 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, Report of an International Workshop convened by the International Seabed Authority in collaboration with the China Institute for Marine Affairs, Beijing 26-30 November 2012, ISA Technical Study No. 12 (Kingston, Jamaica: International Seabed Authority, 2013), 35-68.
- Aldo Chircop. “Regulatory Challenges for International Arctic Navigation and Shipping in an Evolving Governance Environment,” in CMI Yearbook 2013 (2013), 144-163.
- Aldo Chircop. “The Continuum of International Maritime Law and Canadian Maritime Law: Explaining a Complex Relationship,” with Sarah Shiels, 35 Dalhousie Law Journal 295-328 (2013).
- Aldo Chircop. “Some Comments on the Role of Industry in the Prevention of Environmental Hazards Caused by Shipping,” in Hans-Joachim Koch, Doris König, Joachim Sanden & Roda Verheyen, eds., Climate Change and Environmental Hazards Relating to Shipping: An International Legal Framework (Leiden: Brill, 2013), 167-170.
- Meinhard Doelle (with John Terry) “International Framework”, in D. Mahony ed., Climate Change Law in Canada (Aurora: Canada Law Book, 2013).
- Meinhard Doelle. "Loss & Damage in the UN Climate Regime: A Way to Bridge the Ambition Gap?", MEPIELAN E-Bulletin (October 2013).
- Meinhard Doelle (With Chris Tollefson) Environmental Law: Cases and Materials 2nd ed. (Toronto: Thomson/Carswell, 2013).
- Meinhard Doelle. “The Role of EA in Achieving a Sustainable Energy Future in Canada: A Case Study of the Lower Churchill Panel Review” (2013) 25 J. Env. L. & Prac. 113.
- Meinhard Doelle. “Arctic Climate Governance: Can the Canary in the Coal Mine lift Canada’s Head out of the Sand(s)?” in Timothy Stephens and David VanderZwaag, eds, Polar Oceans Governance in An Era of Environmental Change (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2013).
- David L VanderZwaag and Cecilia Engler-Palma, “Canadian Leadership Needed to Save Threatened American Eel” (June 5, 2013) Embassy 24.
- Aldo Chircop. “Legal Frameworks for Integrated Coastal and Ocean Management in Canada and the European Union: Some Insights from Comparative Analysis,” with Ryan O’Leary, 13 Vermont Journal of Environmental Law 425-451 (2012).
- Aldo Chircop“Prospects for Transboundary Marine Protected Areas in East Africa,” with
Catarina Grilo and Jose Guerreiro, 43 Ocean Development and International Law 243-266 (2012).
- Aldo Chircop. “Comments by Aldo Chircop on the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers, 1978 (STCW) as amended,” in Comité Maritime International, CMI Yearbook 2011-2012 (Antwerp: CMI, 2012), 384.
- Aldo Chircop. “Comments by Aldo Chircop on International Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue, 1979 (SAR Convention); Nuuk Agreement on Cooperation in Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue in the Arctic, 2011,” in Comité Maritime International, CMI Yearbook 2011-2012 (Antwerp: CMI, 2012), 385.
- Meinhard Doelle (with Bill Lahey) “Negotiating the Interface of Environmental and Economic Governance: Nova Scotia’s Environmental Goals and Sustainable Prosperity Act (2012) 35 Dalhousie Law Journal 3.
- Meinhard Doelle. “CEAA 2012: The End of Federal EA As We Know It?” (2012) 24 J. Env. L. & Prac. 1.
- Meinhard Doelle (with Nigel Bankes and Louie Porta) “Using Strategic Environmental Assessments to Guide Oil and Gas Exploration Decisions in the Beaufort Sea: Lessons Learned from Atlantic Canada” (2013) 22 RECIEL 103.
- Meinhard Doelle (with Emily Lukaweski) “Carbon Capture and Storage in the CDM: Finding its place among climate mitigation options?” (2012) 3 Climate Law 49.
- Meinhard Doelle. “Compliance and Enforcement in the Climate Change Regime” in Erkki Hollo, Kati Kulovesi and Michael Mehling (eds.), Climate Change and the Law (Berlin: Springer, 2012).
- Meinhard Doelle (co-author) “Climate Governance at the Municipal Level in Canada: A Case Study of Mitigation Efforts in Halifax” in Benjamin J. Richardson (ed.), Local Climate Change Law: Environmental Regulation in Cities and Other Localities (Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012).
- Meinhard Doelle (co-editor), Promoting Compliance in an Evolving Climate Change Regime, (Cambridge University Press, 2012), (co-author of the introduction and the concluding chapter).
- Moira L. McConnell, General Report: “The Law Applicable on the Continental Shelf and in the Exclusive Economic Zone” in General Reports of the XVIIIth Congress of the International Academy of Comparative Law/Rapports Généraux du XVIIIeme Congrès de L’Academie Internationale de Droit Comparé, (eds.) D. Snyder & K. Brown (Dordrecht Heidelberg London New York: Springer, 2012).
- Moira L. McConnell, “Forging or Foregoing “the Genuine Link”?: A reflection on the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 and other strategies”, in The Regulation of International Shipping: International and Comparative Perspectives, Essays in Honor of Edgar Gold, (eds.), Aldo Chircop, Norman G. Letalik, Ted L. McDorman, and Susan J. Rolston (Leiden/Boston: Martinus Nijhoff, 2012).
- Moira L. McConnell (contributing author) Maritime Labour Convention, 2006
Frequently Asked Questions (Revised edition 2012) (International Labour Standards Department, ILO, 2012) (also available as an online database @ <http://www.ilo.org/global/standards/maritime-labour-convention/WCMS_177371/lang--en/index.htm>).
- Dierk Lindemann, Dominick Devlin, Moira L. McConnell, ILO Handbook: Guidance on implementing the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006-Model National Provisions,
(Geneva: International Labour Standards Department, ILO, 2012) (also available @ <http://www.ilo.org/global/standards/maritime-labour-convention/WCMS_170389/lang--en/index.htm>).
- Moira L. McConnell (contributing author), ILO Handbook: Guidance on implementing the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 – Social Security for Seafarers, (Geneva: International Labour Standards Department, ILO, 2012) (also available online database @ <http://www.ilo.org/global/standards/maritime-labour-convention/WCMS_170388/lang--en/index.htm>).
- Aldo Chircop, Scott Coffen-Smout and Moira L. McConnell, (eds.), Ocean Yearbook, volumes 26 & 27 (Leiden/Boston: Brill Martinus Nijhoff, 2012 and 2013).
- Moira L. McConnell, Associate Editor, vol. 22 Yearbook of International Environmental Law (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012).
- David L VanderZwaag, Jeffery A Hutchings, S Jennings and Randall M Peterman,
“Canada’s International and National Commitments to Sustain Marine Biodiversity” (2012) 20 Envtl Rev 312.
- Jeffrey A. Hutchings, Isabelle M. Cote, Julian J. Dodson, Ian A. Fleming, S. Jennings, Nathan J. Mantua, Randall M. Peterman, Brian E. Riddell, Andrew J. Weaver, and David L. VanderZwaag (2012). Is Canada fulfilling its obligations to sustain marine biodiversity? a summary review, conclusions, and recommendations Environmental Reviews, 2012, 20(4): 353-361, 10.1139/er-2012-0049.
- David L VanderZwaag, “The IMO and Arctic Marine Environmental Protection: Tangled Currents, Sea of Challenges” in Oran R Young, Jong Deog Kim and Yoon Hyung Kim, The Arctic in Work Affairs: A North Pacific Dialogue on Arctic Marine Issues, 2012 North Pacific Arctic Conference Proceedings (Honolulu: East-West Center, 2012) 99-128.
- VanderZwaag, David, Engler-Palma, Maria Cecilia and Hutchings, Jeffrey A. (2011). Canada’s Species at Risk Act and Atlantic Salmon: Cascade of Promises, Trickles of Protection, Sea of Challenges. Journal of Environmental Law and Practice, 22(3), 267. [PDF - 164 kB]
- VanderZwaag, David (2011). The Precautionary Approach and the International Control of Toxic Chemicals: Beacon of Hope, Sea of Confusion and Dilution. Houston Journal of International Law, 33(3), 605-630. [PDF - 1.3 MB]
- Moira L. McConnell (2011). The Maritime Labour Convention, 2006-reflections on challenges for flag State implementation. WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs, 10(2), 127-141. [PDF - 114 kB]
- Flemming, Brian (2008). Canada-U.S. Relations in the Arctic: A Neighbourly Proposal. Canadian Defence and Foreign Affairs (December). [PDF - 1 MB]
- Koivurova, Timo and Vanderzwaag, David L. (2007). Arctic Council at 10 Years: Retrospect and Prospects. U.B.C. Law Review, 40(1), 121. [PDF - 3.1 MB]
- Doelle, Meinhard; McConnell, Moira L. and Vanderzwaag, David L. (2007). Invasive seaweeds: global and regional law and policy responses. Botany Marina, 50, 438-450. [PDF - 105 kB]
- Flemming, Brian (2007). Northwest Passage: a voyage Canada and the U.S. can take together. The Globe and Mail, Tuesday, December 18. [PDF - 335 kB]
- Vanderzwaag, David and Worm, Boris (2007). High-Seas Fisheries: Troubled Waters, Tangled Governance, and Recovery Prospects. Behind the Headlines, 64(5). [PDF - 265 kB]
- Pudden, Emily J. and Vanderzwaag, David L. (2007). Canada-USA Bilateral Fisheries Management in the Gulf of Maine: Under the Radar Screen. Review of European Community & International Environmental Law, 16(1), 36. [PDF - 174 kB]