Contact Us

Keep in touch!

Alumni Relations
Schulich School of Law
Dalhousie University
6061 University Avenue
PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia  B3H 4R2


t:  902-494-5100
f:  902-494-4222

Darren Dick
Director of External Relations
Room W115
t: 902-494-3744

Tammi Hayne
Administrative Secretary
Room W118
t:  902-494-5100

Update your contact info

Changed your cell number, address or email?

If we don't have your latest contact details, we can't help you connect with other alumni or make the most of your relationship with our school.

Please get in touch with Alumni Records to let us know of any change of job title or contact details.

Give to the law school

Scholarships, awards, and bursaries.
Modern classrooms and facilities.
Endowment funds that help our students realize their potential.
The money you give works wonders...

And we make it easy for you to make a difference:


Make your gift safely and securely online

By phone

Get in touch with Diane Robinson in the university's Office of Advancement at 902.494.6858 or toll free 1.800.565.9969

By mail

Download and complete our pledge form [PDF] and post it with a cheque or money order (payable to Schulich School of Law) to:

Dalhousie University
Office of Advancement
Coburg Place, PO Box 15000
Halifax NS, B3H 4R2

Attention: Diane Robinson


Thank you for supporting the Schulich School of Law!

Request your transcript

Four ways to request your transcript:

  1. Online: Login to your Dal Online account under Web for Students, Student Records.
  2. In person: Visit the Registrar's Office, Sexton Student Service Centre, between 9 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.
  3. By mail: Send a letter or a completed transcript request form [PDF - 228kB] to the Registrar's Office at Registrar's Office, Dalhousie University, PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2.
  4. By fax: Send a letter or a completed transcript request form [PDF - 228kB] to the Registrar's Office at 902-494-1630.

Read more about requesting transcripts from the Registrar's Office

Convert your LLB into a JD

How to convert your Bachelor of Laws (LLB) to a Juris Doctor (JD) degree

In 2011, Dalhousie University approved a renaming of its first degree in law from Bachelor of Laws (LLB) to Juris Doctor (JD). If you are a graduate of the Bachelor of Laws (LLB) program at Dalhousie, you now have the option to convert your degree from an LLB to a JD. If you choose to do nothing, your degree will remain as originally awarded.

To have a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree converted to a Juris Doctor (JD), graduates must complete and return the Application for Change of Degree Designation form [PDF - 199kB], along with the appropriate fee, and your original LLB degree to:  

  • By mail
    Registrar's Office, Dalhousie University
    PO Box 15000
    Halifax, NS  B3H 4R2
  • By courier
    Registrar's Office, Dalhousie University
    125 - 6299 South Street
    Halifax, NS B3H 4R2

As with all replacements, there will be an administrative fee of $50 which includes any courier delivery costs. Replacement parchments can also be picked up at the Registrar's Office. If you have lost your original LLB parchment, you must submit an affidavit from a lawyer, commissioner of oaths or notary public (which must include their stamp or seal) to confirm the loss, stating your full name, date of birth, current address, graduation year, degree and circumstances of the loss.

The replacement parchment will be printed in English, reflect the degree name as Juris Doctor and bear the signatures of the current Dean, President and Chair of Senate. The date on the parchment will be the date the replacement is produced. The lower left hand corner of the parchment will bear a red ink stamp with the words "Issued to replace original Bachelor of Laws dated _____", which will be the date the original LLB was awarded.

When the degree is converted, the official University record will also be adjusted and the change noted. The conversion will be noted on the transcript as follows:  Bachelor of Laws:  DD-MM-YYYY, followed by the comment:  Converted to Juris Doctor:  DD-MM-YYYY. One copy of the revised official transcript will be enclosed at no cost with the new parchment.

There is no time limit on conversions. However, once you have chosen the Juris Doctor (JD) option, you will not be able to return to the original designation of Bachelor of Laws (LLB).

For further information or assistance with degree conversions, please contact:

Convocation Clerk
Registrar's Office
Dalhousie University
t: 902-494-6777

Find a classmate

If you would like to re-establish contact with a long lost classmate, please contact the Alumni Office at or 902-494-5100 indicating the person's name and any other identifying details you can provide such as their graduating year. 

The Alumni Office will then try to find the person you are seeking in the alumni database. If successful, the Alumni Office will contact the classmate to let them know you are wishing to contact them and will provide them with your contact information. 

It is at the sole discretion of the individual if they wish to contact you once they have been notified you wish to communicate with them. Unfortunately, due to privacy concerns the Alumni Office is not permitted to release personal information.