Supporting black scholarship and community
Fundraising Goals and Priorities
The Chair’s primary goals over the next three years is to raise $1 million to support various initiatives including:
• The development of a research centre based on the study of Black Canada.
• An annual symposium on a crucial theme of Black Canadian studies.
• University-community endeavours related to African Canadian history and culture.
• The creation of scholarships, grants, and bursaries for scholars, including graduate students, to engage in African Canadian studies scholarship.
• A web portal for the dissemination of research, scholarship, and creative activities on or about African Canada.
Join us in making black Canadian diversity, history and awareness a priority and helping to spread the word!
We are counting on you – friends, family, alumni, and students – to help support the James Robinson Johnston Chair.