UTILIZING LAB TESTS FOR MEDICATION MANAGEMENT
REGISTRATION APPLICATION [PDF - 185KB]
$309.00 Live day only (already completed the CPhA online course)
$499.00 Blended online and live day (Pharmacy Assoc./CPhA Memebers)
$750.00 Blended online and live day (Non-Members)
THERE ARE NO PROGRAM DATES SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME
Date and fees for Live Component Part 2 TBD
- If you are a pharmacist who wants to expand your knowledge in how to access & interpret lab tests in your practice, this course is for you!
- If you are a pharmacist who wants to integrate ordering lab tests into your practice, this course is for you! (The blended program has been approved by NSCP as a requirement for ordering lab tests)
- Please note: although anyone may register for this program, currently it has been developed to focus on Nova Scotia requirements for accessing and interpreting lab tests. The program may be reviewed for other provinces in the future. The program has also been developed with the purpose to help support pharmacists working in the community setting.
Dal CPE has prepared a program that will start you on the road to utilizing laboratory tests effectively in your practice. In this program, participants will build and enhance basic clinical skills required for utilizing laboratory tests for drug therapy management in accordance with pharmacy practice standards. These knowledge and skills required include:
· Identifying when to access available lab tests for common patient scenarios
· Interpreting lab tests utilizing available lab data
· Rationalizing what action should be taken based on lab data interpretation
· Understanding pharmacy practice standards related to conducting and ordering lab tests
· Identifying opportunities for integrating lab tests into current practice
The program consists of self-paced introductory online modules, attendance at a live program and completion of an action plan.
1. Online Component
We have partnered with the Canadian Pharmacists Association to offer their online clinical knowledge and skills program - Ordering, Monitoring and Interpreting Laboratory Tests to Optimize Medication Management Online Program (12.75CEUs). Participants will successfully complete this program in addition to a completing a practice self-assessment, reviewing practice standards and completing and online serum drug monitoring module (1 CEU) as a pre-requisites to the live program. Participants must achieve at least a 70% on the online tests in the modules for successful completion of the online program requirements. You must complete all the online modules before being enrolled the live-day component of this program.
2. Live Component - Part 1
The live day is a full day workshop that will involve case-based discussions, small and large group work, and mini-lectures in order to apply basic principles for integrating lab tests into practice with a focus on accessing and interpreting lab tests, in keeping within the new pharmacy standards of practice (7 CEUs).
3. Live Component - Part 2
This live session will focus on the practical aspects of ordering lab tests in your practice (2 CEUs).We are currently waiting to confirm the date of this component of the program as processes for ordering tests are currently being investigated. Date and fee TBD.
4. Final Action Plan
As a final activity for the program, participants will set practice goals and complete and submit an action plan (0.25 CEUs). A Document of Completion will be provided upon successful completion of all components of the program.