Six reasons to study in Dalhousie's Faculty of Health Professions
- We have the greatest number and diversity of health professional programs in one Faculty in Canada. You'll be a part of something bigger, have opportunities to take courses in other health disciplines, and learn from other professionals around you.
- We have health professional programs that are unique in Atlantic Canada. This is the place to study Clinical Vision Science, Human Communication Disorders (Audiology and Speech Language Pathology), Health Promotion, Health Sciences, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Therapeutic Recreation. And, our Pharmacy program is the only one in the Maritime Provinces.
- You will have unparalled opportunities for interprofessional education to be part of your professional program of studies. Participation in the Health Mentors program – where students are matched with a patient sharing their experience of navigating the health care system – is just one way we prepare you for the team-based health workplace of the future.
- All of our programs are accredited, ensuring they meet the standards of national regulating bodies. After writing certification exams, you'll be eligible to practice your profession nationally.
- You will have opportunities for meaningful and engaging clinical practicum placements, including interprofesisonal student team placements, in rural and urban settings throughout Atlantic Canada.
- We have an excellent record of satisfaction among our graduates.