Counselling Skills Level 1: June 10 - 14» Go to news main
Counselling Skills Level 1 Registration is Open
Join Jill Ceccolini and Debbie van Horne for this intensive 5-day program that blends counselling theory with practice. Learners can expect to develop skills to have intentional helpful conversations with others. The course involves a large degree of participation from learners as their experiences in working with others are woven into the curriculum. Mini lectures, audio/video presentations, discussions, reflective exercises, skill-building activities, role-play, and case studies are used to guide participants in their learning. Register today!
- Read the Canadian Social Work Review article about the story of the Dalhousie University School of Social Work Community Clinic
- Counselling Skills Level 1 Registration is Open
- Dr. Jeff Karabanow was awarded the 150 Canadian Senate Commemorative Medal for his community‑based research and community development work in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Celebrate Social Work Month
- Caring for Community
- Plan to attend the Lloyd Shaw Lecture in Public Affairs on Wednesday, October 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Scotiabank Auditorium, main floor of the McCain Faculty of Arts & Science Building, 6135 University Avenue.
- Congratulations to Nik Harris, a current MSW student, who was selected to attend a UN conference on childhood disability.
- Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.