Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.» Go to news main
Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.
Having been a presenter in 2017 in Iceland, Reykjavik, Dr. Weinberg was asked to return to be the keynote speaker for the Icelandic Association of Social Workers’ annual conference. Her talk was entitled “Human rights and social work ethics in bureaucratic times.” The second presentation was in memory of Dr. Brian Carty, a beloved social work professor at St. Thomas University. He was killed in an accident right before he was to defend his dissertation for his PhD, a degree awarded posthumously. Dr. Weinberg had the honour of being asked to address about how his work could be taken into the future. She spoke on “Dr. Carty’s legacy: Innovative ideas for ethics in social work.” Both keynotes were very well received.
- SSW & NSCSW Joint Statement on Ukraine
- The Two Disasters of Homelessness and The Pandemic
- Maritime School of Social Work Class of '66 Reunion
- The Association of Black Social Workers (ABSW) had their annual holiday brunch and awarded two scholarships
- From Seed to Impact: Sharing Stories of Struggle, Resistance & Resilience in the Fight For Justice
- Jeff Karabanow CTV Interview on Housing and Homelessness
- Congratulations to the Dalhousie University Social Work Community Clinic
- Read the Canadian Social Work Review article about the story of the Dalhousie University School of Social Work Community Clinic