Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.» Go to news main
Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.
Having been a presenter in 2017 in Iceland, Reykjavik, Dr. Weinberg was asked to return to be the keynote speaker for the Icelandic Association of Social Workers’ annual conference. Her talk was entitled “Human rights and social work ethics in bureaucratic times.” The second presentation was in memory of Dr. Brian Carty, a beloved social work professor at St. Thomas University. He was killed in an accident right before he was to defend his dissertation for his PhD, a degree awarded posthumously. Dr. Weinberg had the honour of being asked to address about how his work could be taken into the future. She spoke on “Dr. Carty’s legacy: Innovative ideas for ethics in social work.” Both keynotes were very well received.
- Congratulations to the Dalhousie University Social Work Community Clinic
- Read the Canadian Social Work Review article about the story of the Dalhousie University School of Social Work Community Clinic
- Counselling Skills Level 1 Registration is Open
- Dr. Jeff Karabanow was awarded the 150 Canadian Senate Commemorative Medal for his community‑based research and community development work in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Celebrate Social Work Month
- Caring for Community
- Plan to attend the Lloyd Shaw Lecture in Public Affairs on Wednesday, October 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Scotiabank Auditorium, main floor of the McCain Faculty of Arts & Science Building, 6135 University Avenue.
- Congratulations to Nik Harris, a current MSW student, who was selected to attend a UN conference on childhood disability.