Research Good News!» Go to news main
Research Good News!
Congratulations to School of Social Work Faculty Member, Dr. Marion Brown, on her two recent research grant successes:
Brown, M., Rose, H., Mitchell, C., Bishop, A., Burge, F., Martin-Misener, R., Sampalli, T., Vanberkel, P., Tortorelli, C. & Goldade, R. (2017-2018). Addressing Fragmentation in the Health Care of Children in Foster Care. $14,745 from NSHRF Development/Innovation Competition.
Brown, M. & Sheppard-Kutcher, J. (2017-2018). Bridge to Social Work in Nova Scotia. $18, 089.00 from NS Dept of Labour and Advanced Education Recognition of Prior Learning Competition.
- Congratulations to the Dalhousie University Social Work Community Clinic
- Read the Canadian Social Work Review article about the story of the Dalhousie University School of Social Work Community Clinic
- Counselling Skills Level 1 Registration is Open
- Dr. Jeff Karabanow was awarded the 150 Canadian Senate Commemorative Medal for his community‑based research and community development work in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Celebrate Social Work Month
- Caring for Community
- Plan to attend the Lloyd Shaw Lecture in Public Affairs on Wednesday, October 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Scotiabank Auditorium, main floor of the McCain Faculty of Arts & Science Building, 6135 University Avenue.
- Congratulations to Nik Harris, a current MSW student, who was selected to attend a UN conference on childhood disability.