The Feminist Seminar Series presents Dr. Catrina Brown on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion.» Go to news main
The Feminist Seminar Series presents Dr. Catrina Brown on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion
This Friday, March 17, the Feminist Seminar Series presents Catrina Brown (School of Social Work) on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion. All seminars take place in the Marion McCain Building, Room 2021, from 12:30 - 1:30. Everyone is welcome, and all lectures are free. If anyone requires special accommodations, please contact Alana Cattapan (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance to make arrangements.
Dr. Catrina Brown is an Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator at the School of Social Work and is cross-appointed to Gender and Women's Studies and Nursing at Dalhousie University. Her work focuses on women's health and mental health issues, including "eating disorders," substance use problems, depression, trauma and post-trauma within a feminist postmodern-narrative lens. Her work centers on integrating critical theory into direct practice, which is illustrated in her two co-edited books, Consuming Passions: Feminist Approaches to Weight Preoccupation and Eating Disorders (with Karin Jasper) and Narrative Therapy: Making Meaning, Making Live (with Tod August-Scott). She is a private practice psychotherapist adopting a feminist, narrative, discursive and collaborative approach. As well, she is active in the Dalhousie Faculty Association and Senate.
For more information about upcoming lectures, please visit feministseminarseries.com.
- Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jeff Karabanow on the publication of his new book, Homeless Youth and the Search for Stability
- In honour of African Heritage Month, The School of Social Work Diversity and Equity Committee presents: Free public viewing of the award‑winning film, Ninth Floor, followed by a Skype conversation with Rodney John
- Out of the Cold Halifax marks its 10th Anniversary
- Research Good News!
- Congratulations to Grace Atkinson
- The Feminist Seminar Series presents Dr. Catrina Brown on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion
- March is National Social Work Month 2017