Congratulations to Ngozi Otti!» Go to news main
Congratulations to Ngozi Otti
Congratulations to Ngozi Otti, Dalhousie BSW student, who has been selected as one of the individuals to participate as part of the official Canadian Delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
The 61st session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) will be held from March 13 to 24, 2017, in New York. The session will gather representatives from Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from around the world. The priority theme for this session is “women’s economic empowerment in the changing world of work.” The review theme will examine “Challenges and achievements in the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals for women and girls (agreed conclusions of the fifty-eighth session)”. In addition, the emerging issue/focus area will be the empowerment of indigenous women. More details on the 61st session can be found here: http://www.unwomen.org/en/csw/csw61-2017.
- Out of the Cold Halifax marks its 10th Anniversary
- Research Good News!
- Congratulations to Grace Atkinson
- The Feminist Seminar Series presents Dr. Catrina Brown on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion
- March is National Social Work Month 2017
- Congratulations to Ngozi Otti
- Dr. Wanda Thomas Bernard sworn in to the Canadian Senate.
- In memoriam ‑ Dr. Daniel O'Brien