Dr. Daniel O'Brien, a prominent figure in the School of Social Work, dies leaving a legacy of leadership.» Go to news main
In memoriam ‑ Dr. Daniel O'Brien
In memoriam - Dr. Daniel O'Brien
Dr. Daniel W. O'Brien, CM, ONB, KSG, DLitt passed away on Sunday, October 30, 2016. He was a devoted partner to Valerie, beloved father and grandfather. Dan spent 21 years at Dalhousie as a professor of Social Work and was Director of the School of Social Work from 1986-1991. Read more in the Chronicle Herald.
- Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jeff Karabanow on the publication of his new book, Homeless Youth and the Search for Stability
- In honour of African Heritage Month, The School of Social Work Diversity and Equity Committee presents: Free public viewing of the award‑winning film, Ninth Floor, followed by a Skype conversation with Rodney John
- Out of the Cold Halifax marks its 10th Anniversary
- Research Good News!
- Congratulations to Grace Atkinson
- The Feminist Seminar Series presents Dr. Catrina Brown on "Women's Narratives of Depression and the Politics of Emotion
- March is National Social Work Month 2017