Dr. Carolyn Cambell» Go to news main
Congratulations to Dr. Carolyn Campbell on winning the Alumni Association Award of Excellence in Teaching.
Dr. Campbell has been with Dalhousie since 1994 and has been instrumental the redesign of the university’s undergraduate programs in social work. Dr. Campbell utilizes a range of teaching methods, including blended, distance learning, interactive and engaging formats including workshops and experiential learning. Her leadership in the field has been recognized nationally by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education, where she has served as president, chair of the women's caucus and co-chair of the educational policy committee. Read the complete story in Dal News and see the full list of award winners for 2015.
- Counselling Skills Level 1 Registration is Open
- Celebrate Social Work Month
- Caring for Community
- Plan to attend the Lloyd Shaw Lecture in Public Affairs on Wednesday, October 17 at 5:30 p.m. in the Scotiabank Auditorium, main floor of the McCain Faculty of Arts & Science Building, 6135 University Avenue.
- Congratulations to Nik Harris, a current MSW student, who was selected to attend a UN conference on childhood disability.
- Dr. Merlinda Weinberg was the keynote speaker at two conferences in 2018.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jeff Karabanow on the publication of his new book, Homeless Youth and the Search for Stability
- In honour of African Heritage Month, The School of Social Work Diversity and Equity Committee presents: Free public viewing of the award‑winning film, Ninth Floor, followed by a Skype conversation with Rodney John