PhD in Health
The Faculty of Graduate Studies sets the minimum admission standards that are required for entry into graduate programs. For more information on how to apply to a graduate program, please refer graduate admissions. Specific programs may require additional qualifications of their candidates, and enrolment limitations usually mean that successful applicants possess qualifications that considerably exceed the minimum requirements.
Applicants to the PhD in Health will demonstrate an appropriate academic background through completion of the following:
Two-year Program Requirements:*
- Thesis-based Master's degree from a recognized university with thesis and a minimum GPA of 3.7 or its equivalent.
Three-year Program Requirements:
- Applicants with a non-thesis Master's degree from a recognized university with a minimum GPA of 3.7 or its equivalent may be considered for admission to a three-year PhD.
Additional Requirements of the Department:
- Official transcripts from each university attended (translated if necessary).
- Two academic references.
- TOEFL > 100 (Internet) or IELTS of 7.5. for students who have completed their education in a language other than English.
- A member of the faculty of the PHD in Health has agreed to supervise the applicant.
- An approved plan of funding from student and supervisor. See Funding and Support for more details.