- BSc(Pharm) (U Manitoba)
- MSc (U Manitoba)
- PhD (Sask)
Development of bio-analytical methods and experimental model for drugs, metabolites, natural health products and biomarkers and applying these technologies for pharmacokinetic, metabolism and biomarker evaluation of drugs and natural health products, and in personalized medicine.
Selected awards and honours
- Recipient of the 2019 Jessie I. MacKnight Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Currently Editor-in-Chief for Cardiovascular Pharmacology Open Access and Guest Editor for Metabolites on a thematic issue.
- Keynote Speaker at the International Conference on Hypertension and Health Care in Toronto (ON, Canada) on August 11 – 12, 2016.
- Patrick Tillman, Kelsey Mann Remigius U. Agu and Pollen K. Yeung, Effect of coenzyme Q10 on ATP metabolism in red blood cells and cardiovascular hemodynamics in an awaken rat model, Current Topics in Pharmacology 23: 23 – 30, 2019.
- Li, Yixian, Zhou, Juan, Burkovskiy, Ian, Yeung, Pollen, and Lehmann, Christian, ATP in Red Blood Cells as Biomarker for Sepsis in Humans, Medical Hypotheses, Volume 124 (2): 84 -86, 2019.
- Yeung, PKF, Kolathuru, SS, Mohammadizadeh, S, Akhoundi, F and Linderfield,B. Adenosine 5′-Triphosphate Metabolism in Red Blood Cells as a Potential Biomarker for Post-Exercise Hypotension and a Drug Target for Cardiovascular Protection. Metabolites 8 (2): 30-43, 2018.
- Yeung, PKF, Purcell, C, Akhoundi, F, and Agu, RU. Adenosine and Adenosine 5’-triphosphate Catabolism in Systemic Blood as a Potential Biomarker for Doxorubicin Cardiotoxicity in an Experimental Rat Model in vivo. Cardiovascular & Haematological Disorders-Drug Targets 18(3): 224 – 233, 2018.
- Yeung, PKF. Metabolomics and biomarkers for drug discovery (Editorial). Metabolites 8 (11): 2018 (http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/metabo8010011).