Teamwork was the theme of orientation as Dalhousie University School of Occupational Therapy welcomed 66 students as the class of 2018! Students were introduced to the profession with the help of local occupational therapists Scott Thieu, Chris McWilliam and Christy Taylor who, by describing "a day in the life of an occupational therapist" in their respective roles in pediatrics, community mental health, and rehabilitation, highlighted the diverse opportunities that await our graduates. In addition to an orientation to the school and program, the Class of 2017 treated the incoming students to a warm welcome by hosting small groups of students in their homes for a "chicken dinner" and showcased the beauty of Halifax by joining them on a boat cruise of the harbour.
The future of the profession is in good hands as we launch our next cohort of colleagues!
- Innovative Photo Exhibit Part of Project to Build Supports for Newcomers
- OT student presentations and publications
- First eOTo OT Knowledge Sharing Workshop a Success!
- SOT Assistant Prof. Named Canadian Occupational Therapist Federation 2019 Scholar!
- Assistant Professor Receives Belong Research Fellowship Award
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student has article published in the Brazilian Journal of Occupational Therapy
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives 2017 COTF Master's Scholarship
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives Eastern Health Scholarship