News» Go to news main
New Occupational Therapy Position in Prince Edward Island
The year of 2016 provided exciting growth to occupational therapy in Prince Edward Island, specifically in the rural communities of West Prince. A new full time position with Health PEI was funded for an occupational therapist to service both Community Hospital O’Leary and Western Hospital in Alberton, PE. There has not been an occupational therapist servicing these facilities in over twenty five years. This position will provide therapy to inpatients of acute care and palliative care, as well as an outpatient service. Emilie Schurman, a 2015 graduate from Dalhousie University’s School of Occupational Therapy Masters Program, has recently accepted this position and is very excited to develop the OT program and provide evidence-based therapy to clients of the surrounding communities to enable engagement in occupations that are meaningful to them.
- Innovative Photo Exhibit Part of Project to Build Supports for Newcomers
- OT student presentations and publications
- First eOTo OT Knowledge Sharing Workshop a Success!
- SOT Assistant Prof. Named Canadian Occupational Therapist Federation 2019 Scholar!
- Assistant Professor Receives Belong Research Fellowship Award
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student has article published in the Brazilian Journal of Occupational Therapy
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives 2017 COTF Master's Scholarship
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives Eastern Health Scholarship