The Schools of Occupational Therapy and Social Work are working collaboratively to administer the new, interdisciplinary Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Addictions offered through the Faculty of Health Professions. The four-course online certificate was developed in response to a workforce-identified need to enhance professional competence when working with clients with mental health and/or substance use concerns.
The courses were designed to facilitate interdisciplinary learning opportunities and be flexible to meet students' individual goals and interests. Faculty in the School of Occupational Therapy and occupational therapists outside the university have been involved teaching the inaugural courses.
We invite you to become involved in the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Addictions courses and other forthcoming events. Occupational therapists are already leaders in mental health services and the scope of practice in addictions settings continues to expand. Contact us to learn more! email@example.com
The School of Occupational Therapy now proudly offers students involvement in the following programs:
- Entry Level MSc(OT)
- Post-Professional Masters
- Certificate in Disability Management
- Graduate Certificate in Mental Health and Addictions
- Aging and Continuing Care Graduate Certificate
- Chronic Conditions Management Graduate Certificate
- Diversity and Inclusion Graduate Certificate
- PhD in Health Professions
The School also offers two undergraduate courses:
- OCCU 2000 Occupation and Daily Life and
- OCCU 4500 The Science of Occupation: Dissecting Sanctioned and Unsanctioned Occupations
Build your skills with the Dalhousie School of Occupational Therapy!
- Innovative Photo Exhibit Part of Project to Build Supports for Newcomers
- OT student presentations and publications
- First eOTo OT Knowledge Sharing Workshop a Success!
- SOT Assistant Prof. Named Canadian Occupational Therapist Federation 2019 Scholar!
- Assistant Professor Receives Belong Research Fellowship Award
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student has article published in the Brazilian Journal of Occupational Therapy
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives 2017 COTF Master's Scholarship
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives Eastern Health Scholarship