News» Go to news main
Certificate in Disability Management
Join the growing field of Disability Management practitioners whose focus is on improving employee wellness, morale and productivity while helping employers minimize work disruptions and improve manpower consistency following illness or injury.
Disability management team members provide effective, efficient and safe coordination of services to help injured or ill individuals achieve their maximum level of functioning and ability – and return to work.
Career Opportunities in every industry!
CDM graduates work in the administrative, industrial, service provision, technical and business industries, in positions such as disability case managers, vocational rehabilitation consultants, and employee wellness program administrators.
Open to students and non-students
The CDM Program can be taken by current Dalhousie students, students who are attending another Canadian University, or individuals in the workforce who would like to their skills or perhaps considering a career change.
New students are accepted for fall, winter and summer semesters. All courses are delivered completely online.
For more information about the CDM Program:
WINTER COURSE OFFERINGS:
DISM3010- Introduction to Disability & Disability Management
DISM4010- Case Management & Return to Work
DISM4040- Understanding the Relationship Between Health & Work
DISM4050- Communication & Professional Relationships in Disability Management
The CDM Program consists of the four half-credit courses listed above, which are offered in the fall, winter and summer terms. DISM3010 is the prerequisite for the remaining three courses. Once you complete the four courses of the Program, you receive a Certificate in Disability Management from Dalhousie University. It’s that simple!
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student has article published in the Brazilian Journal of Occupational Therapy
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives 2017 COTF Master's Scholarship
- MSc(OT)‑Post Professional Student receives Eastern Health Scholarship
- School of Occupational Therapy hosts world‑renowned occupational therapist and scholar
- NEW 2017 AMPS Course
- Learning the ropes: Orientation to the on‑line OT (Post‑Professional) Program
- Certificate in Disability Management
- From our Faculty: Niki Kiepek