» Go to news main
Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program January 2023 admission
We are now accepting applications for a limited number of seats in the Nurse Practitioner (NP) program for January 2023 admission. Applicants must be Registered Nurses with an active (or eligible for) NS license, and have completed a minimum of two (2) years of full-time, relevant clinical practice at the time of application. Application deadline is October 28, 2022. More information on admission requirements available here.
Why choose to become an NP?
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses with a graduate degree in Advanced Nursing Practice and an expanded scope of practice. Expanded scope of practice entails the ability to diagnosis, perform procedures, order and interpret screening /diagnostic tests and prescribe treatment to specific client populations. Dalhousie’s Master of Nursing (NP) practice-based program is framed within a philosophy of primary healthcare, that prepares students to become nursing advance practice leaders with a clinical focus in either adult or family all ages.
To learn more about the Dalhousie University Nurse Practitioner Program , please join us for a virtual open house on Tuesday October 18th from 12 to 1PM or Thursday October 20th from 8 to 9 PM. To register, please click on the date you wish to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We look forward to meeting you!
For more information and inquiries, please contact Graduate Programs at email@example.com.
- National NP Week November 13‑19
- The School of Nursing Welcomes Dr. Leigh Chapman, Chief Nursing Officer for Health Canada
- Call for applications: Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program January 2023 admission
- Celebrating Caritas Colleague Lisa Godberg‑Watson Caring Science Institute
- International Black Health Conference
- Patient Partners and researchers work together to navigate and spread knowledge about nurse‑led primary care in Nova Scotia
- Congrats to Ashley Jadis Bradley for being awarded a bursary through Indspire’s Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards program.
- Q&A: Nursing Students & LTC Placement Opportunities