» Go to news main
Athanasius Sylliboy receiving the Dr. Robert Strang Community Hero Award
Dal Nursing alumni Athanasius Sylliboy is one among 20 recipients of the Dr. Robert Strang Community Hero Award. The accolade, named after the province’s chief medical officer, is intended to honour people who have taken positive actions in their communities during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Sylliboy was completing a Master's in Nursing to qualify as a nurse practitioner when the first wave of the pandemic hit the province.
“’The first day they announced a state of emergency in Nova Scotia, I couldn’t stop thinking about the elders in my community, people who were immunocompromised or living with multiple co-morbidities, and I thought, if this virus hits our community, these are the people that are going to be hit hard,’ he said’”
Learn more about how Sylliboy helped his community.
- Call for applications: Nurse Practioner (NP) Program‑ January 2022 admission
- Athanasius Sylliboy receiving the Dr. Robert Strang Community Hero Award
- Acknowledging the past and a commitment to action
- Every Child Matters
- Dal Nursing PhD (c) Rachel Ollivier Named One of 100 Health Leaders by OptiMyzMag
- Yarmouth Faculty Members Receive CCSNE Designations
- BScN Student, Anika Daclan is the New Ambassador for the Ocean Bridge Program
- Prof. Nadine Ezzeddine is the successful recipient of the 2020 EB Professorship