School of Nursing News» Go to news main
SON Director, Prof Inducted to American Academy of Nursing
Congratulations to our director Dr. Ruth Martin-Misener and SON professor Dr. Gail Tomblin Murphy on their recent induction as Fellows of the American Academy of Nursing (AAN).
Dr.Martin-Misener (L) and Dr.Tomblin Murphy (R) (Photo: provided)
The Academy serves the public and the nursing profession by advancing health policy, practice, and science through organizational excellence and effective nursing leadership. Academy Fellows are nursing's most accomplished leaders in education, management, practice, and research.
Dr. Tomblin Murphy is VP Research at Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) and is a past director SON.
- Ingrid Waldron's new online survey is open to people 18 and older who live in the Prestons
- SON researchers and alumni capture New Health Investigator Grants
- School of Nursing Professor Ingrid Waldron receives the Research Canada's 2020 Leadership in Advocacy Award
- Nursing Professor Marsha Campbell‑Yeo saw a need for a study looking into how families have coped with COVID 19 Rules
- Best Student Poster Presentation Awards
- Advocate for the people: Nursing alumna Mary Ann Fickes
- Dr. Lori Weeks Examines the Issues of Domestic Violence During the Pandemic
- Marsha CY and Rachel Olivier were named among 2020 Canadian Women in Global Health List by The Canadian Society for International Health