School of Nursing News» Go to news main
New Director of the School of Nursing and Assistant Dean Appointed
On July 1, Gail Tomblin Murphy starts her appointment as the new director, School of Nursing and assistant dean research, Faculty of Health.
Since joining Dal in 1990, Dr. Tomblin Murphy’s work has focused primarily on health services with an emphasis on needs-based health systems and health human resources (HHR) planning.
A full professor since 2007, Dr. Tomblin Murphy has taken on significant leadership roles within the School of Nursing. She has been a director of the WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centre on Health Workforce Planning and Research since 2008. Dr. Tomblin Murphy also served as director of the Centre for Transformative Nursing and Health Research (CTNHR) from 2014 to 2016. During her tenure, she has shown consistent leadership in research, teaching, and building relationships with government, employers, unions, professional associations, and community groups.
“I very much look forward to working with Dr. Tomblin Murphy who I know will provide strong leadership and vision over the next five years,” says Alice Aiken, Dean of the Faculty of Health.
- Dr. Lisa Goldberg wins the 2017 University Award for Excellence in Education for Diversity
- Two Dal Health School of Nursing faculty members honoured by Canadian Nurses Association
- First year nursing students responding to the summer shortage in food donations for foodbank
- New Director of the School of Nursing and Assistant Dean Appointed
- Being a Community Leader: Nursing Student, Jacqueline Jenkins Leads an Initiative to Combat Social Stigma and Celebrate the People and Strengths of her Community
- Nursing Grad Recieves the University Medal for Overall Highest GPA
- The Aboriginal Children's Hurt & Healing Initiative (ACHH) presented on Parliament Hill
- Master of Nursing Grad, Keisha Jefferies, Profiled in Dal News