Master of Nursing Admission Requirements
Please Note: Applicants for all graduate Nursing programs apply online
Master of Nursing
Applicants to the Master of Nursing (MN) program must meet the following criteria. Meeting minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Be licenced to practice as a Registered Nurse (active practitioner) in a Canadian province or foreign country
- Have completed a four-year (or equivalent) bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Have completed undergraduate-level courses in research and statistics
- Provide a Master of Nursing/ Master of Science in Nursing Supplemental Application Form (PDF - 93 KB) Master of Nursing/ Master of Science in Nursing Supplemental Application Form (Word - 30 KB)
- Provide a resume and statement of career goals
- Provide three letters of reference (one from current employer, two from former faculty)
- Be interviewed by the Associate Director, Graduate Program, School of Nursing or a delegate.
Applicants for the Profesional Stream option are not required to have nursing experience prior to application.
Applicants for the Nurse Practitioner (NP) option require a minimum of two (2) years of full-time clinical (3,750 hours & within the last five years) registered nursing practice, appropriate to the program category (i.e., Adult, Neonate, or Family/All Ages), at the time of application to the program. Applicants may be asked for a record of employment to verify hours. PLEASE NOTE: International applicants who do not have an RN registration in Canada are not eligible for the NP program.
- The next intake for the Master of Nursing Nurse Practitioner Program will be January. The deadline for receipt of the complete application package is October 1.
- The next intake for the Master of Nursing Professional Option will be January. The deadline for receipt of the complete application package is November 1.
- Deadline for receipt of the complete application package for September admission to all graduate nursing programs is February 1.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials have been received.
For more information, please contact the graduate nursing coordinator at