News» Go to news main
Advancing knowledge in continuing care: new certificate announced
The Nursing Homes of Nova Scotia Association (NHNSA) and the School of Health Administration in the Faculty of Health at Dalhousie University are pleased to announce the launch of a six-day certificate program, Leadership in Continuing Care Administration for new administrators and senior leaders in the continuing care sector.
Developed with strong sector leader and industry expert input, this is a first of its kind in Nova Scotia. Students will expand their professional knowledge, enhance their leadership capabilities and improve their operational acumen for future challenges and opportunities.
“We have many talented administrators and senior staff retiring from our sector over the coming five years so building capacity among our emerging leaders is critical” said Michele Lowe, Executive Director for the NHNSA. “This education will support their succession planning and provide managers who want to transition to new leadership roles with the foundational knowledge to move forward in their careers.”
“Health leaders today face tough challenges and leaders in the continuing care sector are no exception,” says Dr. Tanya Packer, Director of the School of Health Administration. “This intensive, executive style certificate blends academic rigor with extensive front-line expertise to provide our Nova Scotia continuing care leaders with the knowledge and skills they need to successfully meet those challenges.”
The six-day program will be offered in two three-day blocks beginning on November 17, 2021. Register by October 8, 2021.
- 'Community is key': MScOT grad hopes to increase access to OT support in NS and NB
- How videoconferencing impacts new moms ‑ Dal Health researchers awarded grant to explore ‘the virtual village’
- Study finds temporary foreign workers (TFWs) in PEI face overcrowding, inadequate housing during COVID‑19
- Dalmazing Indeed! Over 1100 students, 100 faculty and 20 professions take part in one annual online interprofessional education event
- Dal Health researcher receives funding for developing rehab program for long term care residents with dementia
- Alumni Profile: Martha Purdy ‑ 'Can’t imagine doing anything else'
- Alumni profile: Jessica Carr ‑ The perfect profession
- Advancing knowledge in continuing care: new certificate announced