News» Go to news main
Breaking Down the Silos: New video explores interprofessional education at Dalhousie
What is interprofessional education (IPE) and why is it important?
A new video produced by Dal Health and the Dalhousie IPE Coordinating Committee (IPECC) explores IPE and its critical importance in educating health care professionals to learn “about, from and with each other.”
In the past, health students have been educated in ‘silos,’ with little interaction with others from different health disciplines. Patients receive better care when health providers from across disciplines collaborate, and so IPE activities at Dalhousie prepare students to take their place on collaborative care teams, right from their first year.
Watch the video to find out more, or visit the IPE website for information on the next Dalmazing IPE event on September 24.
Video by Bruce Bottomley.
- Dal Health partners with DSU Food Bank for Holiday ‘Giving Hope’ Campaign
- Catching up with C3LR
- Program Spotlight: Clinical Vision Science
- Researcher’s work attracts over $265,000 in funding from IDEaS
- Dal Health Study Break Challenge!
- Dal Health brought their school spirit in Varsity Health Challenge
- ‘Don’t forget about us’: PhD in Health student researching volunteer firefighters’ mental health
- Consider This... Canadians redefining themselves