News» Go to news main
Breaking Down the Silos: New video explores interprofessional education at Dalhousie
What is interprofessional education (IPE) and why is it important?
A new video produced by Dal Health and the Dalhousie IPE Coordinating Committee (IPECC) explores IPE and its critical importance in educating health care professionals to learn “about, from and with each other.”
In the past, health students have been educated in ‘silos,’ with little interaction with others from different health disciplines. Patients receive better care when health providers from across disciplines collaborate, and so IPE activities at Dalhousie prepare students to take their place on collaborative care teams, right from their first year.
Watch the video to find out more, or visit the IPE website for information on the next Dalmazing IPE event on September 24.
Video by Bruce Bottomley.
- Dal Health Researcher Dr. Amy Bombay featured in Chatelaine Magazine
- New Beginnings: Five Questions for Dr. Brenda Merritt as a new academic year begins
- Convocation Q&A: Carolyn Crane
- Alumni Outside the Box: Debra A. Barrath
- What it Means to Give Back: Mike Sangster
- Dal Health gives back to school advice
- Standing ovations and sold‑out shows: What's next for There's Something in the Water
- Explaining Pain: PhD in Health student changing the way clinicians and patients communicate about lower back pain