News» Go to news main
2017 Dal Health Annual Fun Run/Walk Challenge
Saturday, October 14
8:00 - 11:00 am
Homecoming is just around the corner, which means it’s time for the annual Health Fun Run/Walk Challenge!
Our new Dean, Dr. Brenda Merritt, challenges each Health School to show their Dal and School spirit by submitting the best team to the President’s Fun Run/Walk.
The Challenge details:
Each Health School recruits a team to participate on race day – Saturday October 14th. Teams are evaluated based on a set of criteria. The best team wins $500 towards a School Social.
The President’s Fun Run/Walk is a three-campus run, jog, walk or stroll for the whole family, followed by a post-run brunch food court and campus celebration.
The Challenge criteria:
- Representatives from all members of your School community: students (at least one from each program), staff, faculty, Director (or Associate Director) and alumni,
- Incorporation of a profession-related prop,
- Visible expression of School and Dal spirit - this could take the form of t-shirts, Dal colours, costumes - the sky's the limit!
- Contribution to our FHP Facebook campaign: encourage your School community to follow @DalHealth on Facebook, and then post which School they are supporting on our wall. Act quickly - the deadline for follows and wall posts is Friday, October 13 at noon!
How does your team win?
1. Sign up for the race (you’ll be prompted to note your School team during registration)
3. Recruit others and follow us on Facebook @DalHealth - then post on our wall by noon on October 13 letting us know what School you support to help your team win.
4. Take part in the President’s Fun Run/Walk during Dal Homecoming.
- CIHR Project Grant Program Highlighted
- Dal Health Researcher Receives CIHR Award for work with First Nations children and youth
- Dal Health Students Take on Biggest Global Health Challenge
- The School of Health and Human Performance launches Strategic Plan
- Health Sciences student wins award at European Congress of Radiology
- Dal‑based LGBT researcher awarded funding for LGBT seniors' initiatives
- "Who doesn't love puppies coming to class?"
- Dr. Michelle Stone featured on CBC News Atlantic.