News» Go to news main
2017 Dal Health Annual Fun Run/Walk Challenge
Saturday, October 14
8:00 - 11:00 am
Homecoming is just around the corner, which means it’s time for the annual Health Fun Run/Walk Challenge!
Our new Dean, Dr. Brenda Merritt, challenges each Health School to show their Dal and School spirit by submitting the best team to the President’s Fun Run/Walk.
The Challenge details:
Each Health School recruits a team to participate on race day – Saturday October 14th. Teams are evaluated based on a set of criteria. The best team wins $500 towards a School Social.
The President’s Fun Run/Walk is a three-campus run, jog, walk or stroll for the whole family, followed by a post-run brunch food court and campus celebration.
The Challenge criteria:
- Representatives from all members of your School community: students (at least one from each program), staff, faculty, Director (or Associate Director) and alumni,
- Incorporation of a profession-related prop,
- Visible expression of School and Dal spirit - this could take the form of t-shirts, Dal colours, costumes - the sky's the limit!
- Contribution to our FHP Facebook campaign: encourage your School community to follow @DalHealth on Facebook, and then post which School they are supporting on our wall. Act quickly - the deadline for follows and wall posts is Friday, October 13 at noon!
How does your team win?
1. Sign up for the race (you’ll be prompted to note your School team during registration)
3. Recruit others and follow us on Facebook @DalHealth - then post on our wall by noon on October 13 letting us know what School you support to help your team win.
4. Take part in the President’s Fun Run/Walk during Dal Homecoming.
- All about accents: Michael Kiefte from the School of Human Communication Disorders talks to Maritime Noon
- Alumni Outside the Box: Leah Wood
- Meet Kathy MacFarlane: Dal Health's new Alumni and Donor Relations Officer
- RAD AID: Dal chapter brings radiological technology to underserved communities
- Dal Health researchers recognized at NSHRF Awards
- Unfiltered discussion: How technology enables classroom candor
- Call for Nominations ‑ Faculty of Health Teaching Awards
- Lions Clubs make significant donation to Dal's Hearing Aid Assistance Program