- Masters in Public Health (MPH), Lakehead University
- Bachelor of Physical Education (BPEd.), Dalhousie University
- Diploma in Respiratory Therapy (Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT), Victoria General School of Respiratory Therapy
- Asthma and COPD Education certificates, Saskatchewan Lung Association, (Certified Respiratory Educator CRE)
Assessing the use of the air quality health index by vulnerable populations in low-risk region; A pilot study. Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy, Summer 2014 (Vol. 50)
If You Can’t Beat ‘em, Tweet ‘em: A Pilot Study in the Use of Social Media in Respiratory Therapy Education. Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy, Summer 2012 (Vol. 48.2)
The effect of tobacco control on the smoking behaviour of Canadians in Qatar.Canadian Respiratory Journal, Sept/Oct 2010.
Bringing Respiratory Therapy Education to the Middle East.Canadian Journal of Respiratory Therapy, Winter 2005-2006
Since becoming a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in 1990, Noel has enjoyed a diverse career including many years as a staff therapist in tertiary care and regional hospitals as well as for the last fifteen years as a respiratory therapy educator. Noel gained extensive experience working overseas in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar. Noel’s interests are in the areas of critical care medicine, interprofessional education, simulation and chronic respiratory disease.
Selected awards and honours
Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal 2012. Awarded for volunteer involvement with the Lung Association of NS.
- Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists (CSRT)
- Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists (NSCRT)
- American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC)
- Dalhousie School of Health Sciences, Halifax, NS,/1997-2005/2008-present
- College of the North Atlantic Qatar, 2005-2007
- Shaikh Khalifa Medical Center, Abu Dhabi UAE, 2001-2002
- QEII Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, NS,1994-1997
- North West Armed Forces Hospital, Tabuk, Saudi Arabia, 1992-1994
- Victoria General Hospital, Halifax, NS, 1990-1992
RSPT 2063 Respiratory Disease and Therapeutics I
RSPT 2065 Respiratory Disease and Therapeutics II
RSPT 3230 Critical Care Instrumentation and Clinical Techniques
RSPT 3500 Clinical Practicum IIIResearch interests
Research Topics: : interprofessional education (IPE), simulation air quality health index (AQHI).
Areas of interest in research include interprofessional education using simulation, tobacco control, critical care and chronic respiratory disease.
Service & Activity
- Canadian Board for Respiratory Care (CBRC), Board of Directors, Director-at-Large, 2009-present
- Lung Association of Nova Scotia – Lung health promotion volunteer, 2009-present
- Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists (NSCRT), Nominations committee, 2008–present
- Dalhousie University Black and Gold club – Board of Directors/ Treasurer, 2013-present
- Dalhousie University Women’s Basketball team – volunteer assistant coach, 2008-present