Health Equity & Policy (HEP) Research Group
Team Leader - Mohammad Hajizadeh
Improving health outcomes and reducing health inequalities require evidence-based policies that address the broad social determinants of health.
- The dynamics of health inequalities faced by Indigenous populations in Canada: What factors account for the inequalities?
- Equity in primary health care utilization among elderly frail Canadian
- Spatial and socioeconomic inequalities in cancer incidence and mortality in Canada
- Measuring within countries inequalities in progress toward Universal Health Coverage
Morriscey, C. and Hajizadeh, M. “Income and education inequalities in cervical cancer incidence in Canada, 1992-2010”, Journal of Public Health, Forthcoming
Anthes, L.E. and Hajizadeh, M. “Socioeconomic inequalities in pancreatic cancer incidence in Canada: Evidence from Cancer Registry Data”, Journal of Public Health (Berl.), Forthcoming
Hajizadeh, M., Johnston, G.M. and Manos, D. (2020) "Socio-economic inequalities in lung cancer incidence in Canada, 1992 - 2010: Results from the Canadian Cancer Registry", Public Health, 185, 189-195.
Willis, K. and Hajizadeh, M. “Socioeconomic inequalities in gastric cancer incidence in Canada: 1992–2010", Acta Oncologica, Forthcoming
Pulok, M.H., van Gool, K., Hajizadeh, M., Allin, S. and Hall, J. (2020) “Measuring horizontal equity in healthcare utilisation: A review of methodological developments and debates”, The European Journal of Health Economics, 21(2), 171-180.
Charles, M. and Hajizadeh, M. “Trends in socioeconomic inequalities in the incidence of cutaneous melanoma in Canada from 1992-2010”, Journal of Public Health (Berl.), Forthcoming
Hajizadeh, M. and Edmonds, S. (2020) “Universal pharmacare in Canada: A prescription for equity in health care”, International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 9(3), 91-95.
Team Member Profiles
Master's Students - Supervisor
- Benjamin Keefe - MSc in Community Health & Epiemiology, Supervisor 2018
- Laura Cole - Master of Health Administration (MHA), Supervisor 2018
- Caudia Cote - Master of Health Administration (MHA), Supervisor 2019
Research in Medicine Project - Supervisor
- Livia Anthes, 2018 - Present
- Perrine Tami, 2018 - Present
- Kurt Willis, 2018 - Present
- Carol Morriscey, 2018 - Present
- Marie Charles, 2018 - Present
- Ashley Whelan, 2018 - Present
- Melanie Campbell, 2018 - Present