News» Go to news main
SCHOOL HOSTS ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM
On October 12-16, Health care professionals and administrators participated in the School of Health Administration’s Certificate in Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration. Representatives from across Canada attended this five-day program held at the Atlantica Hotel, Halifax. Topics included Privacy and Confidentiality, System and Institutional Governance, Workplace Management, Labour Law, Occupational Health and Safety, Regulation of Healthcare Professionals, Tort Law and an Introduction to the Canadian Legal System.
The program addressed real-world legal issues critical to leaders in both the public and private health sectors with modules conducted by leading legal scholars and senior practitioners. The program has been well received since its inception in 2014 and we look forward to our 2020 event.
Certificate in Legal Aspects of Healthcare Administration Program Participants
“Thank you for a very valuable and important program.”
- MHA Gala ‑ 2019
- MHA Graduate Andrew Holland spearheaded combining cycling and virtual reality to help seniors get active
- "Socioeconomic inequalities in psychological distress and suicidal behaviours among Indigenous peoples living off‑reserve in Canada" was published March 25, 2019.
- Andrew Holland recent MHA graduate recieved the 2019 Impact Award for his help in the adoption of "BikeAround"
- What it Means to Give Back: Reece Bearnes
- Banquet ‑ 2019
- ELEMENT mentoring program launches at the School of Health Administration
- Open House