News» Go to news main
Healthcare Leadership Lessons from a Nova Scotian Living in the US
Dr. Neil MacKinnon, BSc (Pharm), MSc (Pharm), PhD, FCSHP, FNAP
Dean and Professor, James L Winkle College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati
Prior to his current position, Dean MacKinnon was a Professor and the Walter Pearce Endowed Chair - Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona; Director of the Center for Rural Health- Arizona; Associate Director for Research; and Professor - Dalhousie University, College of Pharmacy.
A native of Nova Scotia, Dean MacKinnon completed an undergraduate degree in pharmacy (Dalhousie), a Master’s Degree in Hospital Pharmacy and an administrative hospital pharmacy residency (University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics), and a PhD and a fellowship (University of Florida). He completed a midcareer Harkness fellowship in international health care policy (Commonwealth Fund - New York City) under the direction of Dr. Stephen Soumerai, Professor, Harvard Medical School.
A pharmacist, Neil has practiced in both the community and hospital settings. He is a past president of the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists. He holds a courtesy adjunct faculty position with the School of Health Administration.
- MHA Gala ‑ 2019
- MHA Graduate Andrew Holland spearheaded combining cycling and virtual reality to help seniors get active
- "Socioeconomic inequalities in psychological distress and suicidal behaviours among Indigenous peoples living off‑reserve in Canada" was published March 25, 2019.
- Andrew Holland recent MHA graduate recieved the 2019 Impact Award for his help in the adoption of "BikeAround"
- What it Means to Give Back: Reece Bearnes
- Banquet ‑ 2019
- ELEMENT mentoring program launches at the School of Health Administration
- Open House