News» Go to news main
Robert Wood Johnson Award
MHA Graduate Receives 2017 Robert Wood Johnson Award
Janet Simm - President and CEO, Northwood Group of Companies
On Sunday, June 11th Canada's top emerging healthcare professionals were presented with the Robert Wood Johnson Award at a special ceremony hosted by the Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL). Established in 1956, the Robert Wood Johnson Awards are presented to one student from six Canadian universities offering a Master’s of Health Administration. The Award recognizes individual achievements and promising contributions to health services management. Since its inception, the Award has been presented to more than 300 Canadian healthcare professionals.
This year’s recipients included:
Lina Li – University of Alberta
Mylène Côté – Ottawa University
Janet Simm – Dalhousie University
Craig Thompson – University of Toronto
Michell (Mike) Bevilacqua – University of British Columbia
Myriam LeBlanc – University of Montreal
Janet has an extensive background in long term care, acute care and community based services, and has played a significant role in influencing the direction of healthcare in Nova Scotia. She has held positions with the Multiple Sclerosis Society, VON, the Department, the Nova Scotia Association of Health Organizations, South Shore Health and in March 2014, she accepted the position of CEO at the Northwood Group of Companies
Janet has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Masters of Health Administration, both from Dalhousie University.
- MHA Gala ‑ 2019
- MHA Graduate Andrew Holland spearheaded combining cycling and virtual reality to help seniors get active
- "Socioeconomic inequalities in psychological distress and suicidal behaviours among Indigenous peoples living off‑reserve in Canada" was published March 25, 2019.
- Andrew Holland recent MHA graduate recieved the 2019 Impact Award for his help in the adoption of "BikeAround"
- What it Means to Give Back: Reece Bearnes
- Banquet ‑ 2019
- ELEMENT mentoring program launches at the School of Health Administration
- Open House