Scholarship at a glance
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Value: $70,000 annually for two years
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program supports world-class postdoctoral researchers. The fellowship provides $70,000 per year for two years. The program is open to both Canadian and international researchers who have recently completed a PhD, PhD- equivalent, or health professional degree. Applications must be completed in full collaboration with Dalhousie University.
You are strongly encouraged to collaborate directly with your intended supervisors when preparing your application. Dalhousie conducts a rigorous internal review process over the month of August, providing feedback to shortlisted candidates and their supervisor(s)/host departments. You are expected to integrate this feedback and finalize your applications in early September to allow for final review.
- Competition launch: 2022/2023 competition now open
- ResearchNet portal opening: now accepting applications for 2022/2023
- Dalhousie's internal deadline: July 22, 2022
- Deadline for submission of selected applicants to Banting: September 21, 2022
- You must have recently completed a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree.
- Canadian and international students are eligible.
Your internal application package is to be submitted to the Faculty of Graduate Studies through the FGS Online Scholarship Platform. The submission process requires you to provide the following:
- Canadian Common CV (Vanier-Banting academic template)
- ResearchNet application details
- Names and contact information of your referees if you wish to have their assessments included in the internal review process
- The Title of Research Proposal, Lay title, and Lay abstract
- Significance of research contributions
- Significance of leadership contributions
- Fulfillment of degree requirements form
- If applicable, Special circumstances
- Research proposal
- Supervisor's statement
It is recommended you thoroughly review the application, research proposal, and supervisor statement requirements found on the Banting website. Page maximums are strictly enforced, and missing content will reflect poorly on application reviews.
Arms-length referees must meet the requirements identified in the Banting Application guidelines, and are ideally recognized international experts in the intended area of research.
Please provide referees with a link to the Information for Referees site. The Banting competition is competitive at an international level, with successful applicants often already being identified as leaders in their field by referees. Generic reference letters are strongly discouraged and will negatively affect application support.
Following the internal application process, if you are nominated by Dalhousie for a Fellowship, you will receive an institutional Letter of Endorsement by September 15.
For complete details on eligibility requirements and the application process, please visit the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship website.