News» Go to news main
Three Minute Thesis ‑ Judges Needed
We are excited to be seeking judges for the annual Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition at Dalhousie University. 3MT is a unique skills development activity which challenges graduate students in research-based programs to present their research in three minutes or less to a non-specialist audience. Participants will be judged on how effectively they are able to communicate their research. There will be cash prizes available to the finalists, and the top finalist will also have the opportunity to compete at the Eastern Regional Competition in April.
The preliminary heats take place on Tuesday, March 12th.
Call for Judges
If you are a faculty member, staff member or postdoctoral fellow interested in acting as a judge for the preliminary heats, please let us know by filling out our expression of interest form. You must complete the form by Friday, February 22nd. Please share this information as widely as possible!
Want to Know More?
To read more about the competition, the registration process, the competition rules and the judging criteria, please visit the 3MT website.
Questions regarding the competition can be sent to Alicia Kirk.
- Share your Dal Experience and Earn Money
- Changes to International Differential Fees and Tuition for PhD Students
- Admission Drop In Sessions
- Admissions Workshops
- July ‑ GFP Drop In Sessions
- GFP Ongoing Support Drop In Sessions
- Call for Nominations: Chair of the FGS Academic Appeals Committee
- Graduate Funding Payment and Student Funding inquiries