News» Go to news main
DSU Health and Dental Plan Opt In
All students starting their academic year in January, and looking for coverage are required to opt in to the DSU Health and Dental Plan. Opt ins can be done in office or online up until January 25th. This plan is active from January 1st to August 31st.
If you are an international student, you will be automatically billed and enrolled for the DSU International Health Plan which provides coverage for doctor visits, lab tests, and emergency hospitalization. Contact the DSU Health Plan Office if you have private coverage and are looking to opt out. Please visit www.internationalhealth.ca/dsu for more information and to get your health card. If you have private coverage which meets Dalhousie’s opt out requirements, you must visit the office by January 18th.
Spouses & children can be added to the plan as long as they carry active MSI coverage or other provincial health care. An application must be completed in office or online by the above deadlines and an additional payment is required. The cost is available by contacting the DSU Health Office. Please note coverage is not automatic for families and family applications must be completed each year.
International Students looking to opt out of the DSU International Student Health Plan are required to come to insurance with proof of coverage in English by the January 18th deadline.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the DSU Health Plan Office directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 902-494-2850.
- GFP Ongoing Support Drop In Sessions
- Graduate Funding Payment and Student Funding inquiries
- Call for Nominations: Chair of the FGS Academic Appeals Committee
- Staffing Announcement
- James Robinson Johnston Graduate Entrance Scholarship
- Nova Scotia Black and First Nations Students Graduate Entrance Scholarships
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplement
- Contribute to the development of a Post‑Secondary Standard for Psychological Safety